• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessicareck
    Private

• Jul 2008

Help-I'm new

I'm new and I don't know that I even have an ID yet?? Anyway, I watched the video tutorials including how to import an outside html to my page (for the whole page). However, when I do, only a portion of the outside page imports to my page. For example, I imported the google html as shown in the tutorial. Not all came through. What do I do?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Help-I'm new

If you purchased a hosting account at VodaHost, you should have received an Confirmation email with details of your Customer ID and all the links to properly manage your account. Check your Junk and Spam folders to see if this email was erroneously mis-delivered.

If you did not purchase a hosting account, simply being a Member of the VodaTalk Forums (where this post has been created) does not automatically create an account for you, and there is no account to for you to publish to ..... use this link to review all the Features of each account, and this link to purchase one.

Some advice on posting in our Forums to make it easier for you:

A lot of wonderful help is available from peers within the VodaTalk Forums, but it is important to understand how to properly participate within this online Community to get the results you expect.

For instance, just as it is customary to read instructions before assembling a kit to become familiar with the steps necessary to end up with a finished item, so, too, is it important to review the FAQ about how these forums function and how they are structured. Many useful links are located at the top of every page of the VodaTalk Forums, such as Tutorials, Support, etc., and if you are using Blue Voda to build your website, you wil also find links within the Workpane along the bottom to make it super-easy to find the solutions when you need them.

Also, at the top of every individual Forum are Rules, Tips, and important Guidelines that particularly apply to each sub-forum.
    One of the most important and helpful of these is How To Ask For Assistance, which is copied here for convenient review (which helps to avoid situations as above):

When asking for assistance for a problem related to your website or your Vodahost account.
    It is imperative that you identify your domain name.

Posting threads that says....
    Help, I can’t login to my control panel.
    Why can't I see my website?
    Why are my images not displaying correctly?
    Why can't I publish?
    Why are my hyperlinks not working?
    Etc....
    Is NOT sufficient information.

This forum gets thousands of visitors every single day...We need to know who we are speaking to.
    A forum username does NOT tell us who you are. It is impossible for us to assist you or diagnose
    your issue, if you do not identify your websites domain name.

So simply saying "Heeeeeeelp! Why dont my links work?" is NOT CORRECT.

What you should say is…

My domain name is abc.com and my links don't work, can you please take a look.
    The more information you provide the better.

1) Domain Name (or a link to the EXACT problem page).
    2) A complete a detailed description of the problem.
    3) If you have open support tickets on the topic. Please provide the ticket ID's for reference.

Please help us help you by providing as much information as possible.

Thank you in advance.

PS...Never Forget the VodaHost Motto...

“Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan”
    07092887580 / United Kingdom
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• sedona
      Major General

• Jun 2007

Re: Help-I'm new

Hi jessicareck and welcome,

5 star General Vasili (excellent post btw, my friend) has given you some very good advice as to how to use the forums to your best advantage and simultaneously endear yourself to the VodaLand community.

I'll just add that this is a social room where 'work' is forbidden and the best place for you to ask basic questions and for entry level help is here.

Help will be forthcoming when asked for in the proper forum.

Best of luck to you...
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
      X