• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beata
    Private

• Jul 2008

violence at work

We are looking for persons or institutions who would like to help us . I and my boyfriend , we have been working in Alibone Recycling Ltd for almost 3 years . Company is situated in Moulton ,Northants . From the begining we have experienced horror : we are mentally and physically destroyed . In our factory work ( including us ) 10 Polish people and about 20 English . My boyfriend does not know English - I am only one woman ( besides office staff ) in all company and I believe that as a woman and as Marek ' s girlfriend I should not search for others men company . We are isolated and nobody really knows us . I tried to speak to our bosses about our difficult situation , that we are discriminated by other workers , that they torment our mentality . Result was always inverted - our bosses turned back to us . Stressful relationship and harmful work conditions caused that on 2nd January 2008 we raised Grievance Procedure on writing stage 1 . Our bosses became angry that we dared accuse this inhuman workplace and since that moment we experience the worst horror than ever . The organized group of Polish people and some English strongly suported ( and under their command ) by company ' s Management terrorize us . In our direction was sprayed paralizing gas , were frown different subjects : bottles , *****s ,tins , hard patatos , balls , some of them hit me . I reported about those incidents to police . There was also specially created burglary to our cupboards in our canteen .We have got a lot of troubles in our private life , because our bosses have got influential acquaintances . We wrote letters to Northamptonshire County Council , Healph and Safety Executive and police , everything in vain . We wanted ( and still want ) to go to court and found criminal case against our company . We asked police for help . Police officer , who came to our company on 13th June 2008 , said that he wants to help us , but it was only mistification . He acted in cooperation with our chiefs . That appointment was arranged ( what policeman admited ) with our bosses , but without our knowledge . We had no chance to prepare for this meeting . We could not present our documentation . Normally , when police is informed about crime ( violence at work ) , is carried over special procedure . They should take down the evidence , write down victims ' statements , but not to meet within company , where crime is commited and act commedy before us , our boss and his assistant , who made notes - what was additionally very stressful . We simply could not speak in our boss presence . It was next trial of intimidation . When we asked for next , planned in advance meeting in neutral place and without our boss , police officer cease appointment with comment , that he can not do anything else . That all conversation it was ordinary farce and it is not in conformity with criminal law in European Union . When police does not help victims and only helps criminals , there is only one answer , that police is involved into backing for family reasons and acquaintances . We do not know now , where we can ask for help yet , when in democratic country , which is United Kingdom , broken is law , so something is wrong . Do Alibone ' s Recycling Ltt . bosses , who treat themselfs as gods and criminal group go unpunished ? We believe that NO . So once more we ask for help persons or institutions ,who would like and would be interested to take our case . We thank you in advance . Your faithfuly
    Beata and Marek
  • patsy121105
    Major

• Jul 2008

Re: violence at work

You are in the wrong place to ask questions such as this. Your Employers will have a strict policy and proceedure as laid down by HM Government for employee grievances. You cannot be discriminated against by any Employer in the UK and if you feel that you have been I suggest you contact your local Employment Centre or ACAS. Northamptonshire Police would be in BIG trouble if, as you insinuate, they are in league with your employers. It is more likely that there is not enough evidence for them to take action. I don't know which Country you come from but OUR Police don't act as you say and you have probably misinterpreted their actions.
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X