first visit to America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first visit to America

I vividly remember my first visit to America.
    As I moved out of JFKenedy Intl. Airport, one whit lady approached and asked where i was coming from, and I told her from Africa, she looked at me with strange stare.
    I was afraid, because of the stories we had heard back home about America, I thought she was going to ask me back to the search room.
    I was glad she did not.
    My friend who was with me asked why the lady approached me, I said I did not know.
    We moved some steps further and two ladies approached me again, and asked what happened to my right leg, I told them nothing. They did the same thing the first lady did.
    Also my friend was curious, and became too much concerned.
    But I said nothing.
    As we were about to board the taxi, I asked him, whether he done what his grand mother told him. "Whatttttt" he asked.
    I now asked him whether he grew up with his grand-mother, and he said no.
    So, I now knew why he was agitated about the questions been asked me.
    I sat him down and explained to him what I learned from my grand-mother.
    One day, I was in the village with my grand-mother, and there was this my aunt that came visiting, and presented my grand-mother with a chicken.
    Apparently, the chicken was tired, and I was told by my grand-mother to loose the chicken.
    Immediately, the chicken was loose, it stood on its two feet, and immediately after some few seconds, raised its right leg up for some seconds.
    I was curious, and asked my grand-mother my discovery.
    She said, when a chicken first reaches a strange land, he takes some few seconds to convince itself, and on assurance that its a strange land, it raise it right foot, as a sign of a stranger to the gods in that land.

Re: first visit to America

If this was really you, then you were lucky to keep your right ****.
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
    X