• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Su11y
    Private First Class

• Oct 2008

Introduction

www.way-of-grace.org

I am just in the process of setting up a website for our church. I have questions about problems I need to resolve, and hope this site will help. If someone wouldn't mind, can you tell me how to best use the site. I have never been a member of any forum before. My intended use is to ask questions and present problems I am having to come up with answers and solutions. Also, I don't know what a "Trackback" is or what to enter in the box

Thanks,
    Pat Sullivan
  • bysandra
    Major

• Jun 2008

Re: Introduction

Hi Pat,
    I found that the best way to learn in the Vodahost Forum (there is so much information) is to use the search button at the top of the page and see if your questions are already answered. If you can't find something similar check out the headings in the forum and ask your questions in that section. If you ask questions in the right place you get answers much quicker. It is also a good idea to read what the forum is about and to read the rules before you post. (Don't forget to re-check the video tutorials before you ask your question, I found that sometimes they have an answer that you did not notice when you first watched, because you were not at that level yet)
    Hope this helps and that you enjoy your time here as much as I do. There are some incredibly generous and knowledgable people in this forum. Don't forget to come back to the lounge to read the jokes etc when you become too stressed. It is a great place for a bit of R&R when you feel like kicking the computer.
    Sandra

Comment

• sedona
      Major General

• Jun 2007

Re: Introduction

Hi Pat and welcome to VodaLand. We've seen some very nice church sites built here by folks much like yourself.

bysandra has given you very good advice. Another getting started tip is to find any of LadyEye's posts (just search her name in the top toolbar) and in her signature download her Website Building Tips for Blue Voda (or something like that lol) and have a go with it.

You can do it. We're here to help. Best of luck to you....
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
      X