One Up For Us Smokers - How to Beat The Ban!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sedona
    Major General

• Jun 2007

Re: One Up For Us Smokers - How to Beat The Ban!

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
    They cost £5 + a packet here in the UK. When I went to Gibraltar they were no more than 90p a packet! So I am gonna get David to take me there in his boat and smuggle thousands of packets back in the country! Well.. what do the government expect.. talk about encouraging to smuggle!!
    Yeah, Ramsey, 5 pounds there compared to about $5 here.We have reservations nearby but to drive there just to get cigs ends up burning the savings in petrol. However when we visited Europe I bought 4 cartons of Marlboros @ $30 (about $3 each) to see me through. Every one I managed to smoke somehow tasted sweeter.
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• Karen Mac
      General

• Apr 2006

Sometimes when you are flying and on the other sides of the customs checks, you can buy DUTY free, which is what sounds like you got there Ken... I used to love that... I used to snatch up that EIS WEIN. A good bottle even on the base is 60 bucks, but i could get it on those DUTY FREE shops for about 45. I think in retail i see it go for 75 to 100 bucks a pop for a good year.

I just drove thru Arizona and seen the turn off to Sedona.. and I went to the Grand Canyon southern rim there. Reservations were an extreme chore to actually get to the habitated part.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Marincky
        General

• Apr 2006

Yeah, I must admit to probably bringing through a few more over my allowed quota, about four months worth more.. but as I said, if our government are gonna rip us off....

Had I known that getting off a cruise ship at 5am means that there are no customs at the gate, I would have bought another 6 months worth!

P.S. I Smoked the evidence!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• sedona
          Major General

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          Sometimes when you are flying and on the other sides of the customs checks, you can buy DUTY free, which is what sounds like you got there Ken... I used to love that... I used to snatch up that EIS WEIN. A good bottle even on the base is 60 bucks, but i could get it on those DUTY FREE shops for about 45. I think in retail i see it go for 75 to 100 bucks a pop for a good year.

I just drove thru Arizona and seen the turn off to Sedona.. and I went to the Grand Canyon southern rim there. Reservations were an extreme chore to actually get to the habitated part.

Karen
          You were 30 minutes from me and didn't visit? Bad Karen! I owe you about 10 Sedona Smacks! (You can ask Sharon, all Sedona Smacks are in the same area and it takes about 10 to do the job properly :)

I would have been happy to take you to the Grand Canyon and you would have actually learned something lol... very disappointed in you

No, I didn't buy duty free, I bought on the res. I know what you mean, the Navajo reservation (where you were) is the largest in the US and you have to know how to get off the beaten path to see how they actually live. Next time you come (if you tell me) I'll take you to the Hopi villages where they still live in homes their ancestors built a 1000 years ago.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• sedona
            Major General

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
            Yeah, I must admit to probably bringing through a few more over my allowed quota, about four months worth more.. but as I said, if our government are gonna rip us off....

Had I known that getting off a cruise ship at 5am means that there are no customs at the gate, I would have bought another 6 months worth!

P.S. I Smoked the evidence!
            Sounds like it's time to take another cruise, mate, you'll pay for it in your savings!
            Ken

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by sedona View Post
              You were 30 minutes from me and didn't visit? Bad Karen! I owe you about 10 Sedona Smacks! (You can ask Sharon, all Sedona Smacks are in the same area and it takes about 10 to do the job properly :)

I would have been happy to take you to the Grand Canyon and you would have actually learned something lol... very disappointed in you

No, I didn't buy duty free, I bought on the res. I know what you mean, the Navajo reservation (where you were) is the largest in the US and you have to know how to get off the beaten path to see how they actually live. Next time you come (if you tell me) I'll take you to the Hopi villages where they still live in homes their ancestors built a 1000 years ago.
              Well it was a FAST trip.. really fast and just decided to take that one day sojourn. My mother died so we had to run to bakersfield and only had six days to get it done in.. there and back. I wanted to meet some other folks too.. but hubby had to be back. Had i gone by myself.. you can count that i would have stopped..lol I lived like five days in a car..lol

We were gonna fly.. but to get where we needed to be i would have had two days of driving anyway cuz we just couldnt get the flights to connect without paying an arm and three legs.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• sedona
                Major General

• Jun 2007

Oh, Karen, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. Anyways, I was mostly teasing.

Maybe you could plan to come along with LadyEye, CL and the group planning a trip in April, I think, of 2010?
                Ken

Comment

• Karen Mac
                  General

• Apr 2006

LMAO...Sure those ladies could handle it......Are you renting a mom and pop hotel for us to invade? Im not sure we wouldnt get kicked out otherwise..LOL.. 2010.. thats too far ahead to plan.

I know you were teasing.. but.. I woulda looked you up if it hadnt been so rushed...

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• sedona
                    Major General

• Jun 2007

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                    LMAO...Sure those ladies could handle it......Are you renting a mom and pop hotel for us to invade? Im not sure we wouldnt get kicked out otherwise..LOL.. 2010.. thats too far ahead to plan.

I know you were teasing.. but.. I woulda looked you up if it hadnt been so rushed...

Karen
                    We've offered up the use of a timeshare condo we have here on Oak Creek that sleeps 6-8 (depending on who's sleeping where lol)
                    Ken

Comment

• raganok
                      Lieutenant Colonel

• Jul 2008

wow, when they bring them to mexico i want a pack lol....
                      sigpic
                      Live and Let live
                      www.lowbudgetsmediaadvertising.com
                      www.discoverpopotla.com
                      www.villadeflorencia.com
                      www.rusticosalvarez.com

Comment

• DM Owner
                        First Lieutenant

• Apr 2008

Please be forwarned.....

Buying cigarettes can be very expensive.... let me explain.

My parents used to buy hundreds of dollars worth of cigarettes a month off the internet NOT for profit but would sell them to family and friends for the same price they paid.

Come tax time they got a little letter in the mail from the Federal Government which "kindly" stated they had to pay $5,000 dollars for taxes on cigarettes they bought off the internet. Mind you they bought all cigarettes online from a U.S. supplier. Paid taxes on them from the state they bought them from (I think it was Kentucky) and was forced to pay Michigan sales tax as well.

So....are your cigarettes really tax free? how about cheaper?

Be cautious!

DM Owner
                        www.digitalizedmemories.com

Comment

• VivCo
                          Captain

• Sep 2008

Originally posted by DM Owner View Post
                          Please be forwarned.....

Buying cigarettes can be very expensive.... let me explain.

My parents used to buy hundreds of dollars worth of cigarettes a month off the internet NOT for profit but would sell them to family and friends for the same price they paid.

Come tax time they got a little letter in the mail from the Federal Government which "kindly" stated they had to pay $5,000 dollars for taxes on cigarettes they bought off the internet. Mind you they bought all cigarettes online from a U.S. supplier. Paid taxes on them from the state they bought them from (I think it was Kentucky) and was forced to pay Michigan sales tax as well.

So....are your cigarettes really tax free? how about cheaper?

Be cautious!

DM Owner
                          www.digitalizedmemories.com
                          If it was from a US supplier then taxes should have already been paid. Wtf. US tax systems are so complicated. Glad I'm not there.

Comment

• VivCo
                            Captain

• Sep 2008

I'm not much of a smoker, but, I enjoy, along with my sons, a really good Cuban cigar once in a while.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by VivCo View Post
                              I'm not much of a smoker, but, I enjoy, along with my sons, a really good Cuban cigar once in a while.
                              Me too! I get them every time I get to the Caribbean (often), but Soudah is a Smoker!
                              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Collectors-info
                                General

• Feb 2006

When i was smoking, there was a guy on ebay selling cigs under the collectors area as Marlboro cigarette boxes with unusual Arabic writing. Then in small print, many of these boxes still have contents in them. I thought it was a scam at 1st, but i gave it a try for 1 carton, & no problem at all. All the cigs came within a few days from Dubai & did so for all my orders for around 1 year. Then i think he got found out, as the ebay shop was closed.
                                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                                X