Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clocks change for the UK next Sunday (Back 1 hour)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clocks change for the UK next Sunday (Back 1 hour)

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
    Ohhh.. that far back.. I was way way too young then to remember.

Chris, whether you ride a bike, drive a car, truck, bus... there are always idiots out there who can't drive (or shouldn't be driving) any of them. It's one of the reasons I gave up spending 11 hours a day on the roads.
    I was way way too young
    Get out of it! lol

But on the road part of things, there is very little pleasure on many of the UK roads any more. Just getting to crowded. But a absolute pleasure, as soon as you get the ferry across the channel.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I don't remember it either! Just finishing primary and starting secondary school then - all I can say is I survived!

Interesting, isn't it? Back in the late sixties plenty of kids would have walked to school - alone and over some large distances. I just wonder how many would do nowadays?

Also, the rise in the availability of flourescent clothing could make accidents a lot less llikely. Time to redo the experiment me thinks!

But I do agree about bikes - riding a motorbike certainly told me a different way of driving! If only honing up the old survival instincts!
      Trish
      www.Limebrook.com
      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
      www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
      www.TucsonForBeginners.com
      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1 View Post
        I don't remember it either! Just finishing primary and starting secondary school then - all I can say is I survived!

Interesting, isn't it? Back in the late sixties plenty of kids would have walked to school - alone and over some large distances. I just wonder how many would do nowadays?

Also, the rise in the availability of fluorescent clothing could make accidents a lot less likely. Time to redo the experiment me thinks!

But I do agree about bikes - riding a motorbike certainly told me a different way of driving! If only honing up the old survival instincts!
        Hi Trish, with ridding a bike you soon look out for everyone else on the roads, as many bikers know, it will hurt if you don't. Even with the smallest of accidents.

Wasn't that far to my school (2 miles). But i got to keep the bus fare if i walked.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X