• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

A love story.

The love story of Ralph and Edna...
    Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. Ralph and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool. Ralph suddenly jumped into the deep end.

He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.

Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled him out. When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable.

When she went to tell Edna the news she said, 'Edna, I have good news and bad news. The good news is you're being discharged, since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of the person you love. I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness.

The bad news is, Ralph hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead.'

Edna replied, 'He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?'
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: A love story.

Nice one Chris...hahaha
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• WSBlue
      Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.

He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?'

The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a Gift

Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out for a companion.

Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who went too early to the grave.

Before whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still around.

Comment

• ahimsa
        Major General

• Jan 2009

Assalamualaikum Pak Jaya,

Thank you so much for that.........

Along similar lines:

Buddha taught: Just as, with her own life, a mother shields her only child, from hurt and pain, so let all embracing thoughts of love for all beings be yours.
        Jesus Christ taught: Resist not evil; but whosoever shall slap one cheek, turn the other too. And if your shirt is taken from you, give your coat too, let him have your cloak also, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and prosecute you.
        Hinduism taught: We should not do for others what we may not like for ourselves. He who feels at his own the joys, sufferings and sorrows of others, is a true religious man. The life giving breath of other beings is as dear to him as the breath of his own self.
        Prophet Mohammed taught: Do good to all the creatures, help the oppressed, and love your fellow beings. No one can be called a Muslim unless he practices tolerance and accepts the essential truths of all other religions as true. The meaning of "Islam" is peace for all.
        Guru Nanak taught: Give up the ego idea, lead a pure and holy life, love and serve every being as your own self, practice humility, love, mercy and forbearance in abundance.
        Mahavir taught: Ahimsa Paramo Dharma not to injure any living being but to love all beings is the highest kind of Dharma.
        Judaism taught: You shall not kill, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. You shall not covet your neighbor's house, you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his men or maid servants, nor his ox, donkey, nor anything, that belongs to your neighbor.
        Shinto taught: See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil and do no evil. Evil deeds recoil on the doer. Give up pride and practice kindness and love to one and all.
        Confucius taught: Blame yourself as you would blame others; excuse others as you would excuse yourself. Obedience is better than reverence.
        Taoism taught: Always accumulate virtues. Treat all with love and gentleness. Respect elder and the aged, and love all younger than you. Do not injure any living being, always be compassionate.

with Metta,
        david
        Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

Working...
        X