• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brn2Crz
    Sergeant

• Jul 2007

News from China

As I wandered around the markets today you could palpably feel the tension. Sellers are motivated to move whatever merchandise they have. According to state television there is a super-abundance of merchandise...so you can imagine it's a buyers market. Anything computer or electronic is on the block but I can't recommend it as, in practicality, there is no warranty. Textiles have fallen, fallen, fallen. Children and toddlers clothes are especially cheap. I purchased an insulated mid length ski coat for USD $16.00. At that price it's disposable. On the industrial side, materials such as steel tubing and pipe has dropped so far that the manufacturer is reluctant to sell.
    Let's hope that things clear up around the world so everyone can get back to work.
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: News from China

Unfortunately! it sounds like over production & no buyers. There are not many people in the west not buying non accentual items at the moment, just necessity's, & this wont help the far east with exports. The UK relies on "£" pound & thats going right down the pan at the moment. The only imports we are getting at the moment is the ex pats that now cant afford to live on mainland Europe because of the exchange rate on there UK savings & pensions.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• eaglesfan
      Sergeant First Class

• Sep 2008

Definitely looks like over-production. But I still think China will become more of a economic powerhouse in the future.
      -Ed Larson

Comment

• SAman
        Major General

• Mar 2007

Things are going to get worse before they get better I'm afraid.
        Are you in China working or just cruzn? If you are working, at what?
        If you could let me know, contact me on my personal page. I'll add you as a friend.
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
        X