• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoqez
    Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Re: Our Place - Drop in for a chat.....

Originally posted by Floor Lady
    Oh yes!! Chick-fil-A has been venturing into markets all over the world. I know they have 2 in Africa. They are even out in California. Here in Colorado Springs, we have 4 stores. Ok, Ok, the truth be told, I am a wee bit partial as my brother operates 3 of the 4 stores here in Colorado Springs. They are the rage here! The drive throughs constantly have long lines going out into the street, but you can be at the back of the line and have your food in under 5 minutes. They are known here not only for their great chicken, but fast drive throughs. A survey conducted nationwide had Chick-fil-A coming in as #1 in the fastest drive throughs! Ok, like you all really wanted to know that! But I guess every store different depending on its owner/operator. My brother helped open 1 of the stores in Africa. He is well respected in the Chick-fil-A company because of how well his stores do. I guess I've bragged enough....Off to work I go! Have a GREAT DAY!
    Hurry up and get them to New Zealand as i hate KFC and well Red roster is ok it is Australia and they do not quite know how to get there customer service right nor fill an order correctly and to top it off redrooster is far to bright you go in there and are blinded by all the lights.
    supporting open source development since 1984

my site www.robertjamesdunn.com

Comment

• xoqez
      Sergeant

• Dec 2005

Originally posted by kassi59
      Ive been off dealing with the trials n tribulations of my youngest son...when your 20yrs old EVERYTHING is a major issue, and if its not then they will try to create it so....but for an old coot like me it just gives me a stomach ache!...lol..still working on his issues and my health..lol...but Im here learking around...lol..
      I wont lie but am 21 and i know that everything is a big issue. I think the one thing is not to bite back and take a listening aproach. if my mum yells at me it grows into a massive deal but if we sit down and talk in grows smaller.

i am not giving you parenting advice here as i am not a parent i am just saying how it is from my angle. it may not work cause my sister (23yrs) you try that with and she storms off.

the reason things are a big issue when your young as i think you have not really experienced any big major issues. at christmas i had a huge issue with my health could have died since then i have alot less big issues. (I do not suggest nealry killing your son to teach him a lesson though)

I hope this gives you an insight from a child of similar age. I am sure if this son does have these issues and shares them even if it is in a big sreaming match or equally similar way you are doing a good job as a parent because your child is comunicating with you.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Wow.....Rob!! You must be some kind of computer-webbie-geekmonster!!!

I just noticed your signature says you've supported open source development since you were only 1 year old!! Impressive.

I am still having a hard time remembering where I parked.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• xoqez
          Sergeant

• Dec 2005

well when I was 1 support the comodore 64 and its free games - wait they wernt free.

opps

Comment

• limebrook1
            Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Originally posted by Vasili
            Wow.....Rob!! You must be some kind of computer-webbie-geekmonster!!!

I just noticed your signature says you've supported open source development since you were only 1 year old!! Impressive.

I am still having a hard time remembering where I parked.
            Wow - I too am impressed. By the way, my son (11) came up with the idea of having a GPRS connection between your phone and your car. You pressed a button and the car gave you instructions how to find it! (Walk ten paces right, twenty paces to the left, you are now in front of me type thing!). I personally thought that would be a winner having walked round a number of huge carparks totally lost!!
            Trish
            www.Limebrook.com
            www.MountainWalk.co.uk
            www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
            www.TucsonForBeginners.com
            www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• royb
              Major General

• Mar 2006

How about one of those gprs things for stuff you put somewhere round the house and you can never find them. lol

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
              royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

• xoqez
                Sergeant

• Dec 2005

there is a technology called RFID which is pretty call as GPS and GIS can be out by a little I cannot remember the exacts but it was in the multiple km's a while back.

RFID runs on a radio frequency and is being used in retail stores to locate and track inventory and catch shop lifters.

it is very cool they could put them on ever car in the car park and have it trasmit your number plate.

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                  General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by xoqez
                  well when I was 1 support the comodore 64 and its free games - wait they wernt free.

opps
                  That is a flippin' blast from the past! LOL Commodore Pet, BBC Model A + B, Acorn Electron, Sinclairs. OMG! I now feel really old. Do people remember loading up games and programs with the .ch command on an old tape player??? LMAO

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• kassi59
                    Major General

• Nov 2005

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                    That is a flippin' blast from the past! LOL Commodore Pet, BBC Model A + B, Acorn Electron, Sinclairs. OMG! I now feel really old. Do people remember loading up games and programs with the .ch command on an old tape player??? LMAO
                    Amanda - My first experience with a computer was a commodore. being broke, I put up 20$ a week down for it as a present for my husband that "said" he new how to use a computer..me I completely admitted I had no clue..well there after the divorce I was left with this keyboard thingy...I pick up a couple magazines that were about commodores to try to learn something...well my son saw a game and wanted to play it...so I sat for three days (programming) typing into the keyboard thingy(lol) until finally the last day I called for my son and asked him if he would like to type in the very last key...he did and I received a response of "tape or disc"..had no clue...so I re-read all I had done and saw that line to whereas it gave that command and deleted it...worked fine!...lol...absolutely no programming experience - just made a judgement call....lol..well my son was able to play the game for quite some time until it was shut off...
                    OH man what a memory...

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                      General

• Oct 2005

....lol..well my son was able to play the game for quite some time until it was shut off...
                      OH man what a memory...
                      LOL What a memory indeed! Lol. Gosh, it takes me back too. I used to love programming in BASIC. I wrote all sorts of stuff. Things that you just hit a key to achieve these days. LOL I also learned to machine code on a funky little thing called an AIM 65. It didn't even have a monitor, just a bare bones keybard and little LED screen. LOL Logic gates and bread boards. Aaarrgh. That was over 23 years ago! 24 years ago I'd never even seen a computer of any description! Things haven't half changed! Thank goodness! LOL My favourite game, on the beeb, was called Twin River Kingdom but it didn't take you long to suss it out and win it every time you played! LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                        General

• Oct 2005

ALLSTAR!!! Where've you been??? LOL Nice to see you, matie!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• kassi59
                          Major General

• Nov 2005

I understand Amanda! My son is now 26! That toy was my very first experience with any kind of computer..I was soooo not **** that its just too funny today....lol...I would sit there and type things thinking that some one might answer...lol....I really had not a clue of that thing!... I actually hated it. Played for a while and then never touched another computer til many many years later....Ive only been online for about 5yrs...lol...
                          I dont remember the name of the game but it was a little man running around a house with a leaky roof with a bucket on his head...if you didnt catch the water in the bucket the house would fill with water...lol

Comment

• allstarfaces
                            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

aaaaaaawwwwwww memories they take you back to the **** old days
                            i got the first ever one cos i was spoilt bratt lol zx 80 no keys just a flat board tiny thing plugged into t.v and made it go all funny lol then i ii had a memory expansion of ....wait for it........... 2k yes a whole 2k extra this meanrt i could programe my name to run down the screen or spend 3 days typing to play ping pong but had no controller aaaahhhh the ZX81 came out and the whole world opend up wish i had them now boxed worth about 100 quid lol sayin that prob 100 quid then aswell lol
                            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

• Girlonthehill
                              General

• Oct 2005

I understand Amanda! My son is now 26! That toy was my very first experience with any kind of computer..I was soooo not **** that its just too funny today....lol...I would sit there and type things thinking that some one might answer...lol....I really had not a clue of that thing!... I actually hated it. Played for a while and then never touched another computer til many many years later....Ive only been online for about 5yrs...lol...
                              I dont remember the name of the game but it was a little man running around a house with a leaky roof with a bucket on his head...if you didnt catch the water in the bucket the house would fill with water...lol
                              That sounds like an eraly version of ***** or Super *****! LOL

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• allstarfaces
                                Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

how do i get a pic on here from my desk top ?
                                The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                                Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Working...
                                X