Paying It Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying It Forward

Not so long ago, I would log into the forum and there would be tons of questions all awaiting answers and it seemed that every single question was answered by *****, Naval or myself. (I know that others answered some as well, but the three of us fielded the majority.)

When I log in these days, however, there are still usually lots of new threads, but most have been addressed and that is really nice to see. People who have used this forum to get help with their own sites are now taking time to help others with their sites - very effectively paying forward previous good deeds.

I remember answering a question that Andy128 asked when he was a brand new member here and I had to smile a couple weeks ago when someone asked the very same question and Andy was there with the answer.

Andy isn't the only one I should mention, and I'm sure I'll leave out a few names for which I apologize, but there are lots of people who have become members since I joined and have gone from being novices to very helpful experts.

Amanda, Bethers, davidundalicia, Aliens Anonymous, Nyoman (the silent expert who pops up out of nowhere), Trish and of course Andy are the names that leap immediately to mind, but there are others. (Not all the people on this list were novices when they got here, but all have helped others.)

I apologize to anyone who's name I may not have mentioned, but the purpose here isn't recognition of individuals, but rather the community as a whole. This is a forum where new members KNOW they can come for help and get it from people who have traveled the same road.

Thank you all for taking the time to help others on here and let's hope they, in turn, pay it forward as well.
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: Paying It Forward

For myself, I have to say, that when I saw all the wonderful people giving advice and help just because they can - I felt I had some knowledge that might be able to be used also - and hope that I am paying it forward.

And I'm so grateful to those that help me in the areas that I'm lacking - cuz without all this help - I'd be a sinking ship.

So, I 2nd the above and also say thank you to all. And, that everyone is so dang nice- that's just even more of a blessing.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I agree, lots of people are very helpful and leaves one with a good feeling.
      Cindy

www.countrydesigns.biz
      www.countrydesigns.biz/400.shtml

Comment

Spot on again, Race, as always. Very well put and so say all of us. This place has got real spirit and that only comes from the people that use it, members and moderators alike.

So keep up the good work everyone!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the mention - not sure I warrant it! Everytime I see a question I can answer Amanda's always got there before me!!

Seriously - this forum really does help. Not sure my sites would ever have got off the ground without it!
          Trish
          www.Limebrook.com
          www.MountainWalk.co.uk
          www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
          www.TucsonForBeginners.com
          www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
            Thanks for the mention - not sure I warrant it! Everytime I see a question I can answer Amanda's always got there before me!!

Seriously - this forum really does help. Not sure my sites would ever have got off the ground without it!
            D'oh. Sorry Trish :o( lol. I have way too much time on my hands. Lol. Trying to strike a balanace between global internet domination and helping. Lol. (Ps. check out www.adli.co.uk specials for next week!),

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I would surely be lost without all of the help I have gotten in this forum, in fact I need help now. I'm off to find help.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

here here ....you should be writing presentation speeches for the president of the united states god knows he needs you mr racefan sir
                big bump
                The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Thanks for the mention race, this is the best community I have come across because we ALL try to help each other and we all have to start somewhere.
                  So to all you potential web builders.....ask away.......and you shall be answered.

ps you must have a sense of humor to enter these portals...............
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                    here here ....you should be writing presentation speeches for the president of the united states god knows he needs you mr racefan sir
                    big bump
                    Kind words, my friend, but I wouldn't write speeches for him even if I was held at gun point. lol
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                      D'oh. Sorry Trish :o( lol. I have way too much time on my hands. Lol. Trying to strike a balanace between global internet domination and helping. Lol. (Ps. check out www.adli.co.uk specials for next week!),
                      Sorry Amanda - didn't understand your PS!
                      Trish
                      www.Limebrook.com
                      www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                      www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                        Kind words, my friend, but I wouldn't write speeches for him even if I was held at gun point. lol
                        Good call!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
                          Sorry Amanda - didn't understand your PS!
                          Sorry Trish, I seem to have an inate ability to confuse people. It's store that get different special offers in each week. They are consistently very high quality and at very good prices and their specials this week are horse riding equipment and wear. It doesn't matter, it was just in case you found it interesting, for your customers etc... lol. Way too much time.....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

amanda are you on about aldi the extremely poor quality goods?lol because if you are then i wouldnt let people know you shop there horse riding gear in aldi no ive seen rubbish beens and the odd ****py dvd player when ive been passing the window to go to sainsburys
                            The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                            Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                              Sorry Trish, I seem to have an inate ability to confuse people. It's store that get different special offers in each week. They are consistently very high quality and at very good prices and their specials this week are horse riding equipment and wear. It doesn't matter, it was just in case you found it interesting, for your customers etc... lol. Way too much time.....
                              Are you sure your link is right? Try clicking on it and see what you get - you will see why i am so confused!
                              Trish
                              www.Limebrook.com
                              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                              X