Incommunicado after 9pm GMT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incommunicado after 9pm GMT!

Don't know if anyone has noticed that I suddenly disappear at 9pm - my broadband connection suddenly goes down! Happens every night which is a real pain in the proverbial!

Spent last night on the phone to dear old BT (UK folks will understand my frustration). Got a great (not) helpdesk guy who went through his usual spiel asking me what colour cable I had connecting the router to the PC etc. and I couldn't get through to him that I DO NOT change my configuration or cabling at 9pm each evening! Oh dear!

Obvious that suddenly too many others start using it and as I am further from the exchange I get booted off!

Must end as I may make like Cinderella again any sec now.....
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Incommunicado after 9pm GMT!

Originally posted by limebrook1
    Don't know if anyone has noticed that I suddenly disappear at 9pm - my broadband connection suddenly goes down! Happens every night which is a real pain in the proverbial!

Spent last night on the phone to dear old BT (UK folks will understand my frustration). Got a great (not) helpdesk guy who went through his usual spiel asking me what colour cable I had connecting the router to the PC etc. and I couldn't get through to him that I DO NOT change my configuration or cabling at 9pm each evening! Oh dear!

Obvious that suddenly too many others start using it and as I am further from the exchange I get booted off!

Must end as I may make like Cinderella again any sec now.....
    That's a bit of a bad do, T. You should threaten them that you'll take your business elsewhere....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

or at least get a refund for the time you cant log on, give em what for
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
        That's a bit of a bad do, T. You should threaten them that you'll take your business elsewhere....
        9.09 I was kicked off last night! I thought they might have fixed it, but no. Difficult to take my business elsewhere - only BT supply lines out where I am. No cable here, so no alternative. The lucky thing is that I am using BT Broadband on the BT line, so they cannot try to wriggle out saying it is someone else's fault!

I have already broached the fact of a refund - which they said I was entitled to. Said they would discuss the figure once it was fixed. What do you reckon? £5 discount????

You back on line now Amanda?
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

BT obviously cares for you, Trish. Early to bed, early to rise and all that.
          Being on the cable can be bad as well. We're at the "end of the line" and get waek signals fairly often: also had a lightening strike take out the cable, 4 televisions, 2 computers and a router. The power line waasn't affected - that's where the protection was focused-just the cable.

Hope you solve your dispute.

DDS
          Dave
          http://www.peacoatpress.com
          ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1
            9.09 I was kicked off last night! I thought they might have fixed it, but no. Difficult to take my business elsewhere - only BT supply lines out where I am. No cable here, so no alternative. The lucky thing is that I am using BT Broadband on the BT line, so they cannot try to wriggle out saying it is someone else's fault!

I have already broached the fact of a refund - which they said I was entitled to. Said they would discuss the figure once it was fixed. What do you reckon? £5 discount????

You back on line now Amanda?
            Yes, Trish, all back and sorted, thanks. Have lost everything though :o((

If you are being stopped from using your service for half of every twenty-four hour period ( and it sounds like that could be the case) then I would suggest a 50% discount/refund off the cost of that service! SERIOUSLY Trish. That is not a joke and you ARE entitled to it. Be strong!!

Good luck, kidda.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

here here you tell em what for they are always trying to wriggle out of it thats why i went to pooy ntl who are ten times worse but there you go, or yopu could go to local phone box and ......no better not lol
              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
                here here you tell em what for they are always trying to wriggle out of it thats why i went to pooy ntl who are ten times worse but there you go, or yopu could go to local phone box and ......no better not lol
                LOL - Just got a mental image of me taking my PC to the local phone box and taking up residence there! Suprise the locals wouldn't it??

Amanda - glad you're sorted. Poor you losing everything though! Ouch! I really feel for you as that is my worst nightmare!
                Trish
                www.Limebrook.com
                www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
                X