• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: I'm about to be a GRANDMA!!

Originally posted by Floor Lady
    OMGosh!!! No one told me I had to take up knitting (let me see...knit one pearl two???) What else are grandma's expected to do?
    Oh, you're gonna have a ball!

You get to feed them loads of rubbishy, sugary foods and not worry about the tantrums.

You get to take them for long muddy walks and not worry about the carpets.

You get to buy them all the things you wouldn't buy for your's - especially noisy and messy things like drums and playdoh.

You don't have to worry that they don't eat a square meal at your place.

You get to have them for sleepovers and break all the rules.

The list goes on and on. As I said you're gonna have a ball!! Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Dream Lady
      Major General

• Feb 2006

Ok, now your talking my kind of grandma stuff! All of that I can handle. But ask me to:

Knit a baby blanket
      Get old and fat
      Wear an apron and bake oatmeal cookies
      Sit in a rocking chair made for me and not the baby
      Take Geratol
      Wear lipstick and put kiss marks on her face
      Pinch her cheeks
      Turn my already gray hair into white
      Use a walking cane or walker (just because I'm a grandma)
      etc.

well...I just don't think I can handle those types of things just yet. I'm in denial about my age...Can you tell!! lol
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Lincslady
        Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

lol Cindy, Just you wait, you'll be doing all those things that Amanda said and a lot of the things on your list to! lol....i vowed i would never say what my mother used to say about my son he was so cute ..she used to say ...ooooh i could just eat him!...but lo and behold here i am with my own grandson and saying just the same thing hahahaha.....its cos he is such a little dot and has such a cutie face ...I just wannna squash him! lol ...i tried to put my favorite pic of him on here but couldnt figure out how to do it ....he will be 2 end of July ..he's such a happy little soul and full of character and now he can almost say granma ...it comes out like ...marmar....awwww your just gonna love it!

Linda
        Last edited by Lincslady; 05-17-2006, 10:01 AM. Reason: trying to insert pic
        Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

• Dream Lady
          Major General

• Feb 2006

Linda! LOL...Now you will be remembered when you are old and gray as saying "I just wanna squash him"!

I've never had a grandmother around, both died before I was born, but I had an older aunt that was like a grandma and she always use to pinch my cheeks! Ouch!! I use to hate that. I swore I would never do that to my kids or grandkids....we'll see.. I see a new theme starting here....

Ok everyone, what is the best and worst things you remember about your grandmother(s)!!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• Girlonthehill
            General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Floor Lady
            Linda! LOL...Now you will be remembered when you are old and gray as saying "I just wanna squash him"!

I've never had a grandmother around, both died before I was born, but I had an older aunt that was like a grandma and she always use to pinch my cheeks! Ouch!! I use to hate that. I swore I would never do that to my kids or grandkids....we'll see.. I see a new theme starting here....

Ok everyone, what is the best and worst things you remember about your grandmother(s)!!
            Don't even go there!!!
            The smell probably!! LMAO

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• SChajin
              Major General

• Jan 2006

Sorry I'm so late by now I'm sure that you are a grandma. That is the greatest gift you will ever have.
              Sharon Chajin

Comment

• Lincslady
                Brigadier General

• Jan 2006

lol Cindy!....my kids think i'm a nutter anyway! lol ....i like you had no grandparents..but Kyle My grandson...has loads!...grandparents on both sides and great grandparents so it was a big debate on who should be called what ...gramar nanny, nana, granny etc ....i couldnt make my mind up ..so everytime i went to see him it was different lol....wheres my gorgous granson? ..granma's come to see you!....wheres my gorgeous grandson ...nanny's come to see you!....hahaha it was mental....i changed my mind so often that people used to say ..oh look Kyle here comes granma, nanny, granny or who whoever she is today! lol
                But now ive settled on granma.lol

My daughter says ther'll be no arguments when she has a baby ...i'll simply be called ....grannypants! ...lol

Linda
                Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Working...
                X