Interesting story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting story...

I was mystified earlier today to find that over a 1000 people had visited my website www.mountainwalks.co.uk over the past couple of days - 600 directed there from google! The search phrase used was 'ben nevis piano'!

There is a statement on the site about a man who carried a piano up Ben Nevis 30 years ago - apparently there was a story in the news this week that the original piano had been found on the top of the mountain, and no one knew what it was until the original chap had stepped forward!

So that explains why suddenly so many people had found my site!
    Strange, huh? piano and ben nevis are not usually search terms I would expect to find together.

The down side? Only 3 of the 1000 clicked on any google ads!!!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Interesting story...

Perhaps it was the musical walk that attracted them......
    still 3 is better than none.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

hi just clicked on your site and it isnt coming up properly
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

its ok you put a plural in the first link thats why sorry
        The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
        Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

I had the same happen to me Trish! I had decided to add Robert Frost to my page along with his poem and I was getting hit so hard I couldnt believe it!...Amazing what will be picked up..
          What Ive found to getting "seen" is to periodically change and or add something...and the little engine that could does!..lol

Comment

Ahhhh............the clever things we can do to ramp up SEO.

I have a hard time running around trying to catch spiders, let alone getting them to do tricks!

(I used to put a lot of key words, categories, and unique content at the bottom of my pages in the same color as my background so viewers could only see them if they printed out the page, but those frisky spiders now disregard that as being fluff and ignore pages that do that altogether.)

HOWEVER, I am considering innocently burying keys in code, and adding a rich content page for those nerdy little spiders to collect.....and if you right-click on your cached pages at google and msn, for instance, you wil see the date your spider comes around, so you can make updates work you up on ranks. They elevate dynamic sites - changing, traffic, etc.
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X