Clear All

• ez-ez
    replied
    Re: Favorite Quotes -

Originally posted by kassi59
    If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person,

they will find an easier way to do it.
    -- Socratex

Hmmm... sounds to me like Socrates was paid by a Lazy person looking for employment.

Leave a comment:

• bill2006
    replied

Smart man that Socrates.

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person,
    they will find an easier way to do it.
    -- Socratex

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us
    to an understanding of ourselves.
    -- Carl Jung

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

Money will buy you a pretty good dog,
    but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
    --Henry Wheeler Shaw

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,

But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

"Yeah ...I gotta say...I have to say might have to agree with your sister...lol"

Oh I know...she tells me to get down off the happy wagon all the time!...but I cant help it if I just dont take things seriously!..lol

Leave a comment:

• beegud2
    replied

Originally posted by kassi59
    Thats a song beezie...but in my opinion a quote also..as there are quite a few who will say that....Im posting this one for my sister who think she has died and come back as Garfield!...lol She claims I way too perkie in the morning...

Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.
    -- William Feather

Yeah ...I gotta say...I have to say might have to agree with your sister...lol

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

Originally posted by beegud2
    Que Sera Sera...what will be will be....sung by Doris Day (as far as I know.)
    Thats a song beezie...but in my opinion a quote also..as there are quite a few who will say that....Im posting this one for my sister who think she has died and come back as Garfield!...lol She claims I way too perkie in the morning...

Early morning cheerfulness can be extremely obnoxious.
    -- William Feather

Leave a comment:

• beegud2
    replied

Que Sera Sera...what will be will be....sung by Doris Day (as far as I know.)

Leave a comment:

• kassi59
    replied

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1859 - 1930)

Leave a comment:

• VodaHost
    replied

Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

General Douglas MacArthur was one of the most prominent U.S. military figures of the first half of the twentieth century. Beginning as a combat officer in World War I, MacArthur's military career reached its pinnacle after his victorious Pacific campaign during World War II with his appointment as Supreme Allied Commander charged with presiding over the Japanese transition to democratic self-rule. MacArthur's career came to a close during the Korean War, but as recognition of his status as one of the nation's greatest living military leaders, Congress asked him to address a joint session. MacArthur closed his speech with a famous line from an old army ballad: "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away."

Leave a comment:

• Vasili
    replied

Originally posted by beegud2
    DAng...you don't want to get on her bad side do ya...lol...sounds like a woman after my own heart...
    LOLOL
    Picture a happy, faithful, roly-poly old Norweigen lady that could tolerate soooo much more than even I could as a kid....until she reached a point! THEN.....

LOL....Yeah...you didn't want to be late for dinner if she was cooking!

PS: Congrats, Colonel Bee!

Leave a comment:

• beegud2
    replied

Originally posted by Vasili
    "Line them all up against a wall and shoot them! Why should we worry about them anymore?"

-- My Grandmother (God Bless Her), on warehousing perverts and the super-violent.....but I think she was really quoting Stalin herself!
    DAng...you don't want to get on her bad side do ya...lol...sounds like a woman after my own heart...

Leave a comment:

• Vasili
    replied

"Line them all up against a wall and shoot them! Why should we worry about them anymore?"

-- My Grandmother (God Bless Her), on warehousing perverts and the super-violent.....but I think she was really quoting Stalin herself!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X