• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: Hows's the weather

Here in Colorado this last week averaging around 0 to 5 degrees. Yesterday..we had a heat wave...got up to 25 degrees. Today we may get up to Freezing!!! I get to shed the coats today!! Yea!!

-19 Robyn??? Oh my, time to head to the South if you ask me!! That is coooollllllddddd.....
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• C L
      General

• Jul 2006

Yeh it was cold on that day, the house didn't warm up and my jeep didn't want to start, but she went, lol........I don't have oil heat, I have electrical heat. I do the budget thing because one month can be over $700.00 for my power and heat, and that's just not in the budget........so they spread it over the months and I have a set rate. Approximately $2500.00 for the year for power & heat, so that works for me. I pay around $200.00 per month every month. You guys have all this nice summery weather, we don't see too much of that. Usually July, August, sometimes we have good weather in May & June, September is a beautiful month to be here, not too hot, not too cold and the leaves are so pretty. If you visit, this is the month to come to Canada. That's my opinion anyway. Other people may say differently.

Comment

• limebrook1
        Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Originally posted by circuspet.com
        well If any one saved any of that heat we had last summer please email it to me.
        Oh yea, Trish I have as yet to recieve photos of the hooded dragons. guess I'll need to steal them from your site.
        CP - have I missed something? Did you want a pic of my dragons? Let me know what you want and I'll send them. Don't try and steal them from my site as all my sites have very clever technology and the PC of anyone who steals them will melt. Yup, melt. Total meltdown.

Oh, well, worth a try. Knew no one would believe it (but boy wouldn't that be good?) Go ahead and take what you want - everyone else does! LOL
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• Dream Lady
          Major General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by C L
          Yeh it was cold on that day, the house didn't warm up and my jeep didn't want to start, but she went, lol........I don't have oil heat, I have electrical heat. I do the budget thing because one month can be over $700.00 for my power and heat, and that's just not in the budget........so they spread it over the months and I have a set rate. Approximately $2500.00 for the year for power & heat, so that works for me. I pay around $200.00 per month every month. You guys have all this nice summery weather, we don't see too much of that. Usually July, August, sometimes we have good weather in May & June, September is a beautiful month to be here, not too hot, not too cold and the leaves are so pretty. If you visit, this is the month to come to Canada. That's my opinion anyway. Other people may say differently.
          Thanks for the info on best time to Visit! I would not know that and since I've never been to Canada I would love to go sometime soon. September is a great month to travel to, since kids are back in school!! We have gas heat here and our monthly gas bills run around $80/month. Of course, hubby keeps the thermostat set at 58, so we wear coats and sweaters alot, inside the house!! I am so looking forward to Spring and Summer!!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• LadyEye
            General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

$80.00/month for gas ... you are referring to your vehicle to just do a few laps weekly right?? You surely cannot be referring to heating your house?? Are you Cindy??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Girlonthehill
              General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by LadyEye
              $80.00/month for gas ... you are referring to your vehicle to just do a few laps weekly right?? You surely cannot be referring to heating your house?? Are you Cindy??
              Hi, LE!

Yeppers, she's talking about heating the house. Lol Ours works out at about $100 pcm for gas and electricity. That would be gas central heating and cooker with electricity for everything else including the shower. For a single person you might be able to knock $20 off that. I am tight with my heating though. Lol That's US$ equivalents of UK£.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
                Hi, LE!

Yeppers, she's talking about heating the house. Lol Ours works out at about $100 pcm for gas and electricity. That would be gas central heating and cooker with electricity for everything else including the shower. For a single person you might be able to knock $20 off that. I am tight with my heating though. Lol That's US$ equivalents of UK£.
                Hey Amanda

Wow, I guess you'll be surprised to hear what my heating here at my house is ... you will no doubt fall off your chair .... I will have three back to back power bills ranging from $850.00 to $1100.00 - my bill on an annual basis will be around $4500.00 - hmmmm ...... my other three bills will come in around $300 - $450.00 each ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• larazovich
                  General

• Jul 2006

good god!
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

• bill2006
                    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Paying for imported fuel oil, are you?
                    Bill
                    www.blueearthtea.com
                    www.ftaaconsulting.com
                    www.iaval.com
                    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• C L
                      General

• Jul 2006

I agree with you DL, September is a good month for travel.....it's nice in Canada if you like wilderness, not so much in the cities, but definately outside the cities. Lots of nice RV parks. You have a nice heating bill, wanna trade.........err I know you won't, thought I'd ask anyway.

lol Bill........we export more than we import, but our prices are regulated by NY stock exchange. We produce it but don't refine it.

In the summertime, (traveling time) our gas for our vehicles rises from .77 to $1.30 a litre all within a four month period.........strange eh? (I may be off a few cents)

It starts rising the first long weekend in May, then continues to rise until Labor Day Weekend, where as you almost can't afford to go for a drive.

Comment

• C L
                        General

• Jul 2006

Just wanted to make this post clearer:

We export more than we import, but our prices are regulated by NY stock exchange. We produce it but don't refine it.

Canada does have refineries, not enough for all the oil produced.

Anyhow, fuel prices are high no matter what.......and it's cold out. lol

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by C L
                          Just wanted to make this post clearer:

We export more than we import, but our prices are regulated by NY stock exchange. We produce it but don't refine it.

Canada does have refineries, not enough for all the oil produced.

Anyhow, fuel prices are high no matter what.......and it's cold out. lol

lol CL .... I can't see the difference ... did you mean you produce but you don't refine ..... lmao ....

It's not even oil for me, I don't use the stuff, well a little bit with my salads the odd time when my vinegar needs taming, lol .... I am talking about Power .... the Electric stuff .... yeah that is what my bill is all about.

Now if anyone really feels that bad, well you know what you can do .... buy me more wooly socks. .... lmao ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• C L
                            General

• Jul 2006

Nah not me period, just too much money being spent.......sore spot when it comes to this and taxes in Canada. Still cold out, today -21, so there's some more money coming out of your pocket.

Comment

• LadyEye

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by C L
                              Nah not me period, just too much money being spent.......sore spot when it comes to this and taxes in Canada. Still cold out, today -21, so there's some more money coming out of your pocket.
                              Oh is that all it is out there today, you must be forgetting the windchill factor ... this weather really needs to break or we won't get 100 cm of snow all at once and be snowed in for 8 days ....

hmmm ... which do u prefer? lol ........ I'll take the socks, please ... lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

• C L
                                General

• Jul 2006

I'll take Cindy's power bill, and throw in the RV too, socks won't do it, more like layers of blankets.......I could always put on the polar bear costume. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X