• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dream Lady
    Major General

• Feb 2006

Re: Hows's the weather

CL and LE: Our winter utility bill for Gas (Heat), Electric, Water and Sewer, averages around $120 a month. Of that about $80 is for the Gas Heat. In the summer our total utility bills runs about $90 per month. The Gas drops to about nothing, but the water jumps to about $60 of that. After seeing what you are paying...omg...and here I thought our bills were high! LE...do you live in a Mansion? Our house is only 1800 sqft..a small tri-level. We don't even have weather proof windows. We were going to get some this winter, but they wanted $18,000. We figured it out and found it would take us almost 20 years to get our money back to make it worthwhile. Forget that! Can't complain right now...the weather here this last week has been beautiful up in the 30 to 50 range. Nice after having that cold spell around Christmas. All of our snow is almost all gone now! Spring is around the corner!! yippee!!
    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

lol Cindy ... yeah the electricity is very very pricy here, I have electric for my heat ... About $13.00/day for heat and lights ... now that includes the taxes on my bill, which with last months bill (we receive 6 a year, so they are for two months at a time) taxes were just under $120.00

No I do not live in a mansion, lol ... in fact there are very few of those around at all anyway, lol ... 2 levels, around 2100' - very normal .. a wood stove or pellet stove downstairs would definitely help, but then you have all of that to go along with it, mess, lighting, checking flu systems, etc., higher insurance, so blah .... and yeah there are things that I could potentially do that might reduce it by about $500/annually .. but blah blah blah again ... lol

And I heard on the news that New Brunswick, which is a bordering province is expected to take a large hike in their electricity, I can only imagine Nova Scotia will follow suit ... hmmmm .... oh goody ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• C L
        General

• Jul 2006

Well our spring will be here in another 2 or 3 months, we are expecting a storm this Thursday a true North Eastern, that's when the rain/sleet/snow comes down sideways.........batton down hatch time, they can be nasty and I'm told only the Maritimes......aren't we lucky? I just love it here...........lol

Comment

• LadyEye
          General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by C L
          Well our spring will be here in another 2 or 3 months, we are expecting a storm this Thursday a true North Eastern, that's when the rain/sleet/snow comes down sideways.........batton down hatch time, they can be nasty and I'm told only the Maritimes......aren't we lucky? I just love it here...........lol
          Thanks for that CL ... let's hope it is a bluff as these storms can go either way ... actually always lowers the heating bill if there is three feet of snow insulating the house outside .... maybe that is what we need instead of all this cold cold wind .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• bill2006
            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Ah yes, that storm will hit us Wednesday morning, we will finally get our first snow of the year.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• j0sh710
              First Sergeant

• Feb 2006

12in now last night.
              http://www.rampshack.com
              Sliced/Coded/Manged
              Check me out in the gallery look for Josh!

Comment

• circuspet.com
                Brigadier General

• Feb 2006

Snow? Whats that? high 70's today low 80's tomorrow. Don't know about the rest of the world be we ( the US ) will have an early time change this year on March 11th. Time to spring forward and screw up all the auto time change programs in the computer. Just what we needed another Y2K.

Comment

• C L
                  General

• Jul 2006

We didn't end up with a big snowstorm, it rained and the wind blew all night, started around 4pm on Wednesday and didn't let up until the wee hours of the morning, power flickering on and off. They are building a new subdivision right behind my house so there has been blasting going on consistently which knocks my internet off the air.......anyways with all the digging going on, this morning when I went out to my jeep it looked liked I took it 4 wheel driving in the mud. Huge sign blew over at the begining of my street, pretty windy ol' night. No snow though.

Comment

Working...
                  X