• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FPRob
    Colonel

• Aug 2006

Dumb Laws

Some Laws that were written centuries ago (and more recently) are now completely irrelevant to the world we live in yet they still exist within written law. This is great, an international list of silly, out-dated laws. There are a few that probably exist for good reason but try to think what must have happened in order for the the law to be introduced. Take these for example...

UK
    • Since 1313, MPs are not allowed to don armor in Parliament.
    • It is illegal to be drunk on Licensed Premises (in a pub or bar).
    • All steam locomotives are limited to 4mph on roads.
    Israel
    • It is forbidden to bring bears to the beach.
    • Picking one's nose on the Sabbath is illegal.
    • If you have been maintaining an illegal radio station for five or more years, the station becomes legal.
    Switzerland
    • You may not hang clothes out to dry on Sunday.
    • You may not wash your car on a Sunday.
    • You may not mow your lawn on a Sunday.

:)

I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

FPRULES

• bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: Dumb Laws

Did you also know that the guy who invented the first traffic laws did not know how to drive and consider the car a fad ?

I know a few small communites where you are not allowed to use a leaf blower after 5pm, and definitely no mowing the lawn until after 10am on Sunday. Pretty cool actually, at least we get to relax a bit.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• FPRob
      Colonel

• Aug 2006

Some laws are worthwhile arent they, even when they do seem a bit ridiculous.

Another good one from England....

In York, it is still legal to kill a Scot as long as you use a long-bow LOLOL. Presumebly from the days when England was defended at York from Scottish invasion. Yeeeeeah you've all seen Braveheart I'm sure.

Also in England. It is perfectly legal to urinate in public as long as it is on the wheel of your own vehicle and your hand is on the vehicle LOL

FPRULES

Comment

• limebrook1
        Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Originally posted by FPRob
        Some laws are worthwhile arent they, even when they do seem a bit ridiculous.

Also in England. It is perfectly legal to urinate in public as long as it is on the wheel of your own vehicle and your hand is on the vehicle LOL
        Yeah, but that's very sexist as it only applies to men!
        Trish
        www.Limebrook.com
        www.MountainWalk.co.uk
        www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
        www.TucsonForBeginners.com
        www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• FPRob
          Colonel

• Aug 2006

Hehehehehe thats very true Trish. I hadn't thought of that, blame the government, like I do.. for everything :)

FPRULES

Comment

• ez-ez
            Special Status

• Mar 2006

There is is a law in New York that prohibits 'Flirting'.. Flirting includes a man turning their head to look at a woman while he's walking in the street.. A first offence attracts a $25 fine and a repeat offender is forced to wear 'Horse-Blinders' every time they leave their house for a period of time.. The law is so old and is still part of the state's statue.. If back then a man was punished for looking at a woman, I wonder if there was also a law compensating him for the slap on the face he got before the police arrived to give him the $25 fine..

Comment

• FPRob
              Colonel

• Aug 2006

LOL Iam laughing my ass off....

There is a $500 fine for setting off a nuclear device in California... Well worth it hahaha

joke!!

FPRULES

Comment

• ez-ez
                Special Status

• Mar 2006

LOL Iam laughing my ass off....

There is a $500 fine for setting off a nuclear device in California... Well worth it hahaha

joke!!
                Rob..

lol.. Before you go building your atomic bomb.. wait.. that law talks about setting your microwave on fire..lol

Comment

• FPRob
                  Colonel

• Aug 2006

LOL EZ .. I wont be constructing any bombs.. Unless it can be done by coding HTML of course :)

I once read a story in one of our national papers saying that legally electronics manufacturers in the US have to include a list of ALL do's and don'ts that relate to their product. A woman won a court case after giving her dog a bath and then drying him off in the microwave. Of course the dog exploded but it didnt say don't do it on the list. Hehehe Stupid woman!

FPRULES

Comment

• ez-ez
                    Special Status

• Mar 2006

LOL EZ .. I wont be constructing any bombs.. Unless it can be done by coding HTML of course :)

I once read a story in one of our natinal papers saying that legallyelectronics manufacturers have to include a list of ALL do's and don'ts that relate to their product./ A woman won a court case after giving her dog a bath and then drying him off in the microwave. Of course the dog exploded but it didnt say don't do it on the list. Hehehe Stupid woman!
                    lmao..

that is so funny......

Comment

• beegud2
                      Major General

• Apr 2006

LMAO...omigod...got tears in mi eyes....ahhh...the things we come up with to 'protect' society and we still do stupid s**t...
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• ez-ez
                        Special Status

• Mar 2006

I once read a story in one of our national papers saying that legally electronics manufacturers in the US have to include a list of ALL do's and don'ts that relate to their product. A woman won a court case after giving her dog a bath and then drying him off in the microwave. Of course the dog exploded but it didnt say don't do it on the list. Hehehe Stupid woman!
                        It just occured to me that microwaves do come with free recipe books... I bet that's how the dog ended up in the freagin microwave.. lol

Comment

• FPRob
                          Colonel

• Aug 2006

Aahhhh yes, very cheeky, just saying she had bathed the dog in order to win the court case when in fact it was her evening meal LOL

FPRULES

Comment

• Code-Burnt-Gemini
                            Major

• Jul 2006

These are some dumblaws from south carolina ...

By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.

Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday

Performing a U-turn within 1,000 feet of an intersection is illegal.It is considered an offense to get a tattoo.Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.It is illegal to sell any alcoholic beverages on Sunday, unless you own a private club.A permit must be obtained to fire a missle

When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.

Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks

It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.

ok if you are from the usa you can check your own state laws by going to:
                            brenT

Comment

• ez-ez
                              Special Status

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Code-Burnt-Gemini
                              ...A permit must be obtained to fire a missle
                              Hizbullah must pay a ****load of money every year just on application fees..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X