• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Fuel Prices ...

Hi Ken,
    one of the problems we are now getting is thugs steeling fuel as it is now a high price commodity. Farms are one that are getting hit, as a lot of them have what we call red/derv, same fuel as the trucks run on, but with very little tax. The other ones are getting hit are the truck drivers, quite a few trucks have 100 UK/gal tanks. That equates to around $1100.00 US each time they fill up.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• C L
      General

• Jul 2006

........Solved! lol

Comment

• sedona
        Major General

• Jun 2007

Haha Robyn, I'll have a couple of pints!

Love the new sig.... :)
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• darklight
          Brigadier General

• Jul 2006

I agree with that sign. lolol. I think ill pull out my bicycle from the shed. lol.

Comment

• sedona
            Major General

• Jun 2007

Yes, Chris, trucks are getting hit here as well and since our big rigs are bigger so are their petrol tanks and... bigger hauls.

I drove big trucks for many years and can really sympathize with the poor blokes. Imagine not only having to pay to fill 'em up but having to stay awake all night guarding your investment!
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

• jcaywood
              Major

• Dec 2007

In central Texas gasoline is a bit over US$4.00 per gallon. But see this story about gasoline prices in Mexico in the New York Times today:
              "...On Saturday, Mr. Terrazas was back in Ciudad Juárez, wooed by its irresistibly low-priced gasoline — around $2.66 a gallon..."

Go figure!
              Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
              Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
              Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

• jkadin
                Brigadier General

• Jan 2008

Im sure if mexico can sell gas that cheap I guess were not emptying our pocket to fill up, we are also filling gas companys and so called politicians pockets.
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

• SAman
                  Major General

• Mar 2007

That's gauranteed Joe, the profit statements from EXXON/Mobil in the multi billions says it all. I think the oil companies are stuffing their pokets so when the Hydrogen cars come out and the hybrids get better, they won't feel the hurt as much.
                  Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

• Collectors-info
                    General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jcaywood View Post
                    In central Texas gasoline is a bit over US$4.00 per gallon. But see this story about gasoline prices in Mexico in the New York Times today:
                    "...On Saturday, Mr. Terrazas was back in Ciudad Juárez, wooed by its irresistibly low-priced gasoline — around $2.66 a gallon..."

Go figure!
                    Was traveling in Mexico many years ago & couldn't believe the how cheap the fuel was. We occasionally got ripped off for a few pesos & had to laugh.
                    But i remember we had to buy a bottle of octain booster to let the engines run ok as the fuel was so bad.
                    Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Collectors-info
                      General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by sedona View Post
                      Yes, Chris, trucks are getting hit here as well and since our big rigs are bigger so are their petrol tanks and... bigger hauls.

I drove big trucks for many years and can really sympathize with the poor blokes. Imagine not only having to pay to fill 'em up but having to stay awake all night guarding your investment!

Even worse on the US side as you have a lot more independent drivers than we do in the UK. Individual guys just cant swallow this sort of loss.
                      Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Hey....

Mexico subsidizes the "nationalized" oil/gasoline & natural gas industry quite heavily, so it's no wonder the prices are quite disparant. They can sure afford it, what with being the largest supplier of fruit and veggies to the US in the last 2 years ..... and look for that not only to grow, but for them to take advantage of our maladay having to endure one of the worst seasons of flooding in our "grainbelt" ever: as our prices rise, so wil theirs ... as high as they can!

With the weather's sucker-punch to our corn production, I wonder how long it will take for the wannabe politicos to shift from corn-based ethanol to super-productive and exponentially more efficient pond scum energy???

Food, energy, and you wait --- water will be next: both for drinking/bathing and "watering" during the obviously upcoming national drought.

And they think WW III will be over national pride or borders? Hell, the US inability to preserve it's identity the last 10 years by ignoring flagrant illegal immigration has eroded our sensibilities to the point of being too lazy to not only fix our [problems, but to stand up and be of help assisting our friends before they tussle over basic necessities as well!!! It is simply not "politically correct" to voice concerns anymore ..... (I wonder if we aren't supposed to say anything important anymore for fear of offending the majority who prefers to live without accountability -- or obviously non-confoirming values, mostly "imported" -- what in the world did we spend so much energy protesting about in the '60s and '70s???).
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• jcaywood
                          Major

• Dec 2007

My town (near Austin) is already on a voluntary water rationing for landscape irrigation. I can water my lawn (a bit over 1 acre) only on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 12:00 Midnight to 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight. I cannot get the whole yard watered without staying up all night. So I'm watching a lot of money spent on grass, plants, groundcover, etc fade away.
                          The problem here is more the capacity of the water system than the shortage of water though. Area is growing like crazy. I have a few acres in a small town an hour from here and have my own well on it - with lots of good water.
                          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                          Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                          Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

• Padiwak
                            Sergeant Major

• Jun 2007

You guys think you have it bad. In ireland we pay 1.46c for a litre of diesel. Thats the equivilant of 2.28 Dollars per litre. Cigarettes cost 7.55 for a 20 pack thats 11.78 Dollars per pack.

The cost of living has become so high here that it is now immpossible for young married couples to buy a house or have kids.

Bloody Disaster.

The new motto in our yard

DONT WORRY BE HAPPY

Regards
                            DaveK
                            Dave K

www.irishhorsemarkets.com
                            www.ecklandssportshorses.com

Comment

• limebrook1
                              Brigadier General

• Jun 2005

Got a friend who lives in Essex - he runs his car on chip fat oil - he collects it from local chippies, converts it in his garden, and hey presto, runs his car for virtually nothing!
                              Trish
                              www.Limebrook.com
                              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
                              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
                              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

• SAman
                                Major General

• Mar 2007

I feel for you Davek, I guess most of you there will just go to work and then do what Robyn suggested, go(walk or bike) to the pub and drink and not drive.
                                There are more and more people in the states that are doing that Trish. Some are even trying to start business' to collect clean and sale to others.
                                Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Working...
                                X