Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel Prices ...

Originally posted by SAman View Post
    I feel for you Davek, I guess most of you there will just go to work and then do what Robyn suggested, go(walk or bike) to the pub and drink and not drive.
    There are more and more people in the states that are doing that Trish. Some are even trying to start business' to collect clean and sale to others.
    Bio-Deisel has been in the Bay Area since 1979, but only recently has the law been revised to allow "distilling" on a much grander scale for homeowners: apparently, the volume allowed was too small to fully process for fuel, since it fell under the same law as making wine and brewing beer??

It is growing, too. Smells like a *m o b i l e french fry cart going by. Using reclaimed vegatable & cooking oil has been a 2-way win (of course), but I imagine it would really take off if they added just a fraction of the soy production to the pot. At about $800/conversions, there really is no reason why at today's state of affairs we simply being mandating a significant percentage of commercial vehicles (like 30-60%) to run on bio-deisel, just as they have UPS trucks running on natural gas.....would make a lot of ecological sense, and ease the feeling of capitulation in shifting people to a new midset. IMO.

** These filters in the forums are still not fixed properly. Incredible.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

OK....a new political party: The GOMERs

Grumpy Old Men, Ecologically Responsible

-OR-

Grumpy Old Men - Earth Respecting

Probably no worse than all the campaign BS we've suffered through this year anyway, and definitely no hidden agendas! LOL
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Here her General sir!! I am and have for about 1.5 years now working for a subsidary (sp) of and eng. consuolting firm that is making a product to help old mother earth and all our health. We are putting out a product that cuts electricity use during the heat of the day, and increases effeciency of A/C unit at the same time. It is a good feeling to be part of something that is helping to cut C** emissions and save energy. I think more and more people are realizing the state we are in, and some are even trying to help.
        Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Here is a thought for the day.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

OPEC sells oil for $136.00 a barrel.
          OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.
          Solution: Sell grain for $136.00 a bushel.
          Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!
          Ought to go well with a nice thick grilled filet of camel ass!!!
          Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

In France/Paris, it's about €1,34 the litre. France only produces 1% of it's petrol YEY!!! (4 litres = 1.06 US gallon or 0.88 UK gallon), so about €5,20 per US gallon, which makes about $6,80 per US gallon!!!

Comment

Working...
            X