Video Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Editing

Anybody into video editing? I recently bought a **** DVD Camcorder so I could put videos on my cat site, found Windows Media player to be the most useles SOB ever to be a part of any Windows package so today I went out and bought **** Vegas Platinum v6.0.

Does anybody know anything about this software? I am working through the tutorials but any advice and tips for cropping video down to size so thatthe useless bits are left out and any other general tricks are most welcome.

Thanks

FPRULES

Re: Video Editing

Have you been here?

http://www.vegasusers.com/

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

No I haven't Andy, only bought the package today andposted this thread without looking around the net. Thanks for the link though I will check it out for sure. Nice one.

FPRULES

Comment

Hi FP, you shouldn't buy that, use adobe after effects, you can edit crop and put effects exactly like photoshop but in video, it even gives you the ability to export the video as sequences that you can open as layers in photoshop and play with it, as you can convert your video in anything you want, even flash or gif animation.
        The Producer

Comment

Hehehe bit late now NP.. Already have it :) Thanks though. It's ok.. I never pay for these things.. Have people who I can blag into paying for software as I always end up doing more for them than I do for myself.

FPRULES

Comment

Rob

Have a look here

I used to use Vegas but not used it for ages. I use Adobe Premier 6.5 now.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
            royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

I tried a number of video editing packages, and ending up with Pinnacle Studio 9 - it was the easiest to use of the lot in my opinion. All video editing packages seem to have a steep learning curve - they ain't very user friendly!

I tried a number, including Adobe, but couldn't get on with them. One package, I forget the name, I spent ages getting a perfect video, sounds, transitions etc, and then found that it was useless quality when you put it on a DVD! That was binned!

Took me three months to produce the first 10 minute long DVD that I was happy with, now 18 months later I regularly produce DVD's of events at the riding school and sell them and am told they are very popular.

So stick with it!
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Working...
              X