• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FPRob
    Colonel

• Aug 2006

Poll: Should I pay?

Is this a good deal?

Feeding, fussing, playing with a full grown male white Bengal Tiger called Blizzard including photographs of the experience (and I can shoot my own videos). Here he is...

...Anyway, Hammerton Zoolological Park in Cambridge charge £185 (€274 $351) per person for this priviledge and I thought it might make a real nice gallery for the cat site which would be a bonus.

Would you?

FPRULES

• SChajin
    Major General

• Jan 2006

Re: Poll: Should I pay?

Yes, I would.....Great opportunity
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

• FPRob
      Colonel

• Aug 2006

I just found out, they will not let me take my digital camera or DVD recorder into the Tiger pen.

Would you still pay the amount obaove for this opportunity? They will proivde me with a single souvenir photo.

FPRULES

Comment

• beegud2
        Major General

• Apr 2006

Hmmm...Sigfried and Roy come to mind....even the most cosseted of animlas will turn on you...PAris Hiltons little mooch bit her...so I guess it's like Clint Eastwood would say "are you feeling lucky today ...(hehehe) punk?"....cause you that tigers thinkin' it....hehe

I would love to try but I beleive I've mentioned the big yellow streak down my back.
        Beezz
        sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

• Girlonthehill
          General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by FPRob
          I just found out, they will not let me take my digital camera or DVD recorder into the Tiger pen.

Would you still pay the amount obaove for this opportunity? They will proivde me with a single souvenir photo.
          Not a cat in hells chance would I part with that sort of money for that! But that's me. LOL

That's an awful lot of money, and all you get is one souvenir photo? If you have that sort of money spare and this is something you've always wanted to do then go for it, but I think it's expensive.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• beegud2
            Major General

• Apr 2006

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
            Not a cat in hells chance would I part with that sort of money for that! But that's me. LOL

That's an awful lot of money, and all you get is one souvenir photo? If you have that sort of money spare and this is something you've always wanted to do then go for it, but I think it's expensive.
            Good money point Amanda...very true....Actually for that sort of money and little bit more Go to India and get pictures of real cats in the wild on one of those jungle treks.
            Beezz
            sigpic

Comment

• Girlonthehill
              General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by beegud2
              Good money point Amanda...very true....Actually for that sort of money and little bit more Go to India and get pictures of real cats in the wild on one of those jungle treks.
              LOL I almost suggested save the money and put it towards a holiday to India and take in a safari type tour! Great minds, eh Bee?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• FPRob
                Colonel

• Aug 2006

ahh yes but.... The cats in India will eat me without a second thought, at least Blizzard is used to humans, plus its at least 4 times the cost for a return ticket to India plus the other expenses :)

It isn't all about the photos although getting my cameras in would have been a bonus as far as my website goes.

The money doesnt really bother me, its about the experience and the money will goto to zoo animal upkeep which cant be a bad thing.

I think I might still have a go at this, even without the pics and video I still get to feed the beast.

FPRULES

Comment

• Code-Burnt-Gemini
                  Major

• Jul 2006

ahhhh well ... I love cats and all , but that is a lil toooo much for me. I think i would just go to the zoo and watch you feed the cat your $300... hehehehe
                  brenT

Comment

• FPRob
                    Colonel

• Aug 2006

LOL CBG... Extra bonus for you if you see my arm being bitten off while I'm there, what a great day out hahaaaaa :D

FPRULES

Comment

• beegud2
                      Major General

• Apr 2006

ahh yes but.... The cats in India will eat me without a second thought, at least Blizzard is used to humans, plus its at least 4 times the cost for a return ticket to India plus the other expenses :)

It isn't all about the photos although getting my cameras in would have been a bonus as far as my website goes.

The money doesnt really bother me, its about the experience and the money will goto to zoo animal upkeep which cant be a bad thing.

I think I might still have a go at this, even without the pics and video I still get to feed the beast.
                      LOL...yes you probably would like fresh foreign meat after the regualr fare...but it's not as costly as you think...a lot of good agents ca nget you great prices and stay at some nice but inexpensive hotels...let me know if you are ever interested and I havea great agent or two I work with and can possibly get you a fab deal...
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

Comment

• FPRob
                        Colonel

• Aug 2006

Got to admit Bee, an interesting country to visit for sure, along with Egypt. Both would be high on my list of places to go but...

Hmmmmfph :S No holidays this year, too many other things to spend my money on LOL

FPRULES

Comment

• ez-ez
                          Special Status

• Mar 2006

I would do it without even thinking twice.. The white tiger is majestic.. In my books, I would be willing to favor a photo with that creature than an entire film with Bush, Blair, Howard and a dozen bimbo models..

I SAY.. GO FOR IT.

Comment

• FPRob
                            Colonel

• Aug 2006

Originally posted by ez-ez
                            I would do it without even thinking twice.. The white tiger is majestic.. In my books, I would be willing to favor a photo with that creature than an entire film with Bush, Blair, Howard and a dozen bimbo models..

I SAY.. GO FOR IT.
                            I will, I think I definitely will and I totally agree, wouldnt have my photo taken with Bush or Blair.

Got to ask though Carlos.... How come the white Tiger is so majestic and beautiful but the whale is worth kiing simply because it tastes good? Mate, I consider you a friend on this forum honestly.. I am only asking because I cannot get the way you are thinking LOL :) :) :)

Sorry, what I mean is... Would your view on Tigers being majestic change if you had tried them as a delicacy and enjoyed it?

heheheheeeeee <controversial Rob strikes again> LOL

FPRULES

Comment

• ez-ez
                              Special Status

• Mar 2006

I will, I think I definitely will and I totally agree, wouldnt have my photo taken with Bush or Blair.

Got to ask though Carlos.... How come the white Tiger is so majestic and beautiful but the whale is worth kiing simply because it tastes good? Mate, I consider you a friend on this forum honestly.. I am only asking because I cannot get the way you are thinking LOL :) :) :)

Sorry, what I mean is... Would your view on Tigers being majestic change if you had tried them as a delicacy and enjoyed it?

heheheheeeeee <controversial Rob strikes again> LOL
                              That's a fair question Rob.. And although it may appear conflicting, my statements have never been so in harmony... Just like the Tiger, the whale too is a majestic creature.. they both deserve respect and appreciation for the role they play in keeping this world, or what has left of it anyway, in tact.. In the same manner I respect the whale, even though consumed by humans, I respect the Tiger, even though it is responsible for many deaths of humans, especially in the India Forest Villages.. They are both majestic and mighty, it just so happens that they are positioned differently on the food chain.. The whale can be eaten.. The tiger is sometimes forced to eat humans.. They both have good reasons.. one is a consumable kind of meat, the other has been invaded by humans, who so arrogantly, but stupidly, put themselves on display as easy prey for a hungry beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X