• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Norweigans filmed catching whales

I beleive that we have seen many threads on politics on this very forum. A thread about whale hunting is more than allowed.

Personal opinions apart, there are the facts:
    1. Norwegians are one of the most wealthy nations on the planet, so whale hunting is NOT essential for their nation.
    2. Norwegians (as Japanese) do not hunt whales mainly for the meat but for the oil produced, which is highly costy and used in the cosmetics industry.
    3. Whales population is rapidly diminishing. With todays hunting , in 20 years there will almost be no whales.
    4. Yes, i agree there are other important issues, as the Israeli invasion in Lebanon and so on. But each issue has it's importance. We are just talking here, not deciding which issue to support with money and which one not to.
    5. It is too simple to say that if whales disappear it is because it was meant to be so. Hiroshima and Nagasaki also?
    6. When man was struggling for survival, he had to hunt almost everything. The means he had were such that he could hunt imited numbers. Nowdays, with $300.000 double frequency sonars, ultrasonic echosounders, ships that acheive 18 - 20 knots etc. whale hunting has become whale extinction.

Man's ignorance for ages doesn't have to go on. We should be able to control ourselves. Environment has to be respected. Otherwise we will have the same destiny as whales. Extinction
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ez-ez
      Special Status

• Mar 2006

Re: Norweigans filmed catching whales

Every post on this thread was a great one.. and everyone had valid points and you have to be a total fool not to learn a thing or two from this.. I am still pro-whaling, but I don't discount the arguments of the anti-whalers..

There is so much passion on both sides of the fence.. and that's what makes this debate brilliant.

Comment

Working...
      X