• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John K.
    Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2008

404 Error, but I never uploaded these pages

I am going through my 404 error pages on Google Webmaster "Crawl Errors" page. I see some very old pages that others linked to, but since then I had deleted them. The other sites are still linking to them, and so I will rebuild these pages and republish them as 404 Error pages so any visitors to these pages will be directed back to my home page, or the relevant page. I got this idea from this forum, so thanks to those who are responsible.

Here's where it gets interesting and causes me concern: I have a total of 26 crawl errors. From those, there are eight showing up as website pages using www.progresslanguage.com that I am absolutely sure I never consciously published. I simply do not know how they got there. I fudged the links so they wouldn't get hot-linked, because I don't want these URLS to get any recognition since I don't trust them.

The first one listed shows being published as...
    URL / Detail / Linked from / Detected
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?yebije=44fb6091 / 404 (Not found) / 3 pages / Feb.12, 2012

The pages they are linked from are
    URL / Discovery Date
    h**p://support.clean-mx.de/clean-mx/portals.php?id=128883 / Feb 4, 2012
    h**p://support.clean-mx.de/clean-mx/portals.php?domain=progresslanguage.com&sort=first seen%20DESC Dec 31, 2011
    h**p://support.clean-mx.de/clean-mx/xmlportals.php?as=AS1897&sort=id%20desc&response=a live Jul 5, 2010

I searched on this clean-mx thing and found our the owner is one Gerhard Recher - h**p://twitter.com/#!/CleanmxMalware
    Another page says this site is "a spam and virus management system for mail servers"
    A person on another page complains about this man and his tactics, h**p://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=20173

Mail servers? spam and virus?

How did my domain get a page with his links and other's links?

The remaining seven crawl errors show that they were published as...
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?yadigikeuli=086097a085eb1ba204bb9ca
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?ojoxetioxiwu=a47bc5c2fb3cc74b15
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?exime=237a885c44ed6e47f9e1a391
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?einoahyj=1890819b10c5f59db34
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?jaharygygu=e38e5ab
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?giqiq=38f0820e897
    h**p://www.progresslanguage.com/ampere17.html?yha=0d4d0121200

All of these seven are being linked to from one place:
    h**p://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?style=nested&offset=518&forum_name=kat-development

What is going on? Did I do something to allow these pages to be uploaded to the Internet from my public_html page? I looked and couldn't find anything. Does Blue Voda do business with this man, because the complainer says, "Through clean-mx.de, Gerhard sends out abuse reports to webhosts demanding they take down a site because of viruses or phishing, which most do, without asking any questions. This would probably be fine if the clean-mx abuse reports were 100% accurate."

Since BV is my webhost, I am curious.

Anyway, I'll fix the pages I trust that I put up, and leave these others alone until I understand what is going on.

Any ideas or help is appreciated, because I am absolutely lost here.

Thank you
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: 404 Error, but I never uploaded these pages

Contact Support for assistance for these issues: they are not something anyone in the Forums can help you with.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X