• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerrit
    Master Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Removing a page and overwriting while updating

After going through all tutorials on the website regarding BlueVoda, virtually all questions I had were answered bar one. The tutorials show how to easily publish pages, but it does not say how you can remove a page when during an update you decide you do not need that particular page anymore.

I know you can overwrite it (publishing an identically named page and it will overwrite the existing page with that name on the website) but this comes in handy only when the page requires a total make-over. When the page is simply no longer relevant, it has to be removed but the tutorials only show how to upload pages.

(PS : I know you can remove the hyperlinks to the unwanted page, so that site visitors will not realise it is there. However, this will still not fully remove the pages that are no longer revelant, and via search engines people may still stumble upon them)
    "It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Removing a page and overwriting while updating

You may have gone "through all the tutorials" but obviously you did not absorb the critical concepts as you could have ....

This Tutorial Shows You How To Add or Remove Files From the Server
    FTP – How does BlueFTP work
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X