Aweber Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aweber Question

Hi everyone - my first entry on the Voda Lounge Forum..

I didn't know if I should start a new topic or just go ahead here - anyway, this is not a reply but a few questions to the topic mailing-list.
    First a quickie about myself: I'm an indie songwriter and have a 3 year old domainname at a host I have no problems with, but as I can make much better looking web-sites at vodahost I am considdering moving.
    So heres a few questions:

1. You write on this thread that you use www.aweber.com when its about mailinglist's etc. - is this service included in the vodahost price, or should it be bought seperatly?

2. Can you help me on this one - my mailinglist p.t. is very small so I don't yet have any problems with the overwiev, but I've heard that you nowadays have to do something extra like getting whitelisted with AOL and others to be sure that you newsletters and such dont get stopped before getting to the reciever?

3. You write that I get a guestbook with my vodahost account - I cant find any info on how to put it on my site?

Re: Aweber Question

Aweber is a completely diffrent service to VodaHost and must be purchased seperately.

On that note....

Aweber offers an excllent service, we use them for our mailing list of over 1 million subscribers.
    They are in touch with the postmasters at AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc... and they have been whitelisted
    by all the major ISP´s.

This means your mail makes it to its destination, Worth every penny if you plan on doing anytype of
    email marketing.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Multiple Page Forms single submitted is not only impossible in BV, it is logistically unsound: one Form (layout pane), one submission (action).

If you are trying to include more items than will fit into your "page design" (and I sympathize with the reluctance to compromise on the look-and-feel aspect), you might want to look at it another way completely...

1. With all the rules and guidelines in mind concerning email protocol and User-expectations, might you have too many items or fields to cognizantly present?

2. Have you considered having your "Form" be seperate from your page content, presenting to the visitor as a "pop-up" that can be any scrollable length, thus not interfereing with the page layout itself?

3. Or, if your Form might fit into the basic page layout by itself, try to have it "off to the side" in a page of it's own (which is what I favor myself: example here :: this page is the Form, and you can return to the pages using the icon to see the static page design consistentcy. And, one of the best aspects of this is that you can have it run as long as needed, keeping in line with the page "top" design.).

Maybe this will help you to re-think things so they will work for you.

ABOUT AWeber (above):
      I use this service also, having been recommended to me by General VodaHost a long time ago. Extrememly affordable, accurate, and with many time-saving additional services included.
      > There is one thing, though, that may be a factor for certain business: they send out 2 opt-in confirmation notices (which seems to be overkill), and the wording is not actually too "friendly".......
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

?????? Am' i missing something Vasili ? I didn't see any question here about forms. However, multipage forms in BV are ABSOLUTELY possible. Look at my signature.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X