Transferring Domain Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring Domain Name

I currently own a domain name which is on another web hosting company's server. I would like to take the domain name over to VodaHost; What must I do to accomplish this? Also, I would like to re-design the website using the VodaHost application w/plans to incorporate the use of Frontpage as I get more advanced w/website design. Please advise, as my CEO is on my back to get this thing done.

The website is www.nbcosmeceuticals.com and it was designed by a company called EZNET Tools.

Thanks,

Terrance

Re: Transferring Domain Name

1. Signup with VH for an account.
    2. Build your site with BV and/or FP and publish it using the IP address/username/password that VH will provide
    Create also the same email accounts you presently have.
    3. When ready, enter your CP with that other hoster, and change the DNS to point to your VH account.
    4. After a downtime of 12 - 24 hrs for DNS propagation, your new site with VH will show up, replacing the old one.
    5. Ask VH for the free ONE time transfer, submitting a support ticket.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the insight; however will I be able to build onto what was already established? or will I have to build from scratch, which is not an issue, as I am familiar with BV.

Thanks,
      Terrance

Comment

You can build the new site from scratch, or simply upload the same files of the old site if you have them.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Many thanks for the advice!!

Comment

Working...
          X