• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fergus O'Hara
    Private First Class

• Oct 2006

Fergus O'Hara

Hi.
    I'm new to this sort of thing - voda lounge hosting . I found it difficult to find the page to send this greeting.
    Now that I'm on the right page I hope !! Iwould like to know a few things.

1. I wish to build a web page for my wife who is a writer and wants to launch her own small news paper blog etc. She Knows nothing about html so Iwill build her web page with the assistance of vodahost. How will i develop her web page on my computer and launch it on her computer when we have different computers and different user names.

2. I cannot download soholaunch web builder to get into the blog manager etc. What is required to do this.

So far I have one word do describe vodahost - "Brilliant"

Fergus
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Fergus O'Hara

Soholaunch is more of a shopping cart friendly webbuilder. Are you sure the Blue Voda builder would not suffice? You can have a blog with either Blue Voda web builder or Soholaunch. You need not know any html.

Working with two computers. Not a real problem. Requires coming up with a method of transfering files from one computer to another. Us a thumb drive or an external hard drive. The username and password will be used to publish or access the control panel of the server. You could use many computers- the website is kept on Voda Host servers.

Really the sky is the limit as to how you wish to design the site. Make a plan on paper first and then jump in. We will be here on the forum to help through the rough spots.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Soholaunch is NOT a downloadable website builder, it is a server side one. Once you have your account (if you don't already have it), go in your CP, click on Fantastico, and this will bring you to a page with all the available through Fantastico software, among others Fantastico and more than one blogs. Install whatever you like
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• jubsastry
        Private

• Oct 2006

Hello,
        Thank you so much.I am delighted I am here to share my views and know new things. I have started doing things. I have already put up my welcome message on the banner. But I am stuck up there. I want to come out with links and insert some jawa scriopts which I know. Can someone guide me on this for which I would be very grateful. Thanks once again for making me accessible to this wonderful site.
        regards
        jub sastry

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Hi Jubsastry. welcome.

For the links:

Fixed Menu Bars - creating and editing - MUST WATCH

Sliding Menu Bars (Drop Down) - creating and editing

Linking your pages together (Hyperlinks with text, images etc...)

Creating a Go menu (hyperlinking with a drop down menu)

For the Javascripts: follow the instructions that come with your script. Post here for specific questions.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X