Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VodaHosted web page and the Shopping Cart

I have another question.

I was looking through the shopping cart tutorials. All of the VodaHost tutorials are some of the best I have ever read/watched in my entire life. :)
    VodaHost ROCKS! Your support infrastructure is even better!!!!

Anyway, I was looking through various shopping cart tutorials, mostly out of curiosity, while building my website on that unbelievably easy model of engineering known as BlueVoda. I have all my main pages developed, and I also developed my own template. BlueVoda makes it so easy and effortless that a 5 year old child could do it with no problem.

I was developing one of my product categories, and it suddenly occurred to me (from watching the shopping cart tutorials) that since I enter my product information into the shopping cart, including the product picture, that I may not have to bother with developing product categories and individual product pages content on BlueVoda!

Is this true? All I need to do is develop the template, set up my main pages (such as Contact Us, About Us, Home Page, etc) and set up the pages for the product categories and individual products, but I don't have to place product pictures or descriptions or prices on my product category or individual product pages, because the shopping cart will do all that?

Your replies and/or questions are appreciated.

Thanks for your time. :)

Re: VodaHosted web page and the Shopping Cart

Actually, most shopping carts come with the entire template - which means you don't build the store in BV. You CAN tie the shopping cart to the back end but then your product pages won't match your BV pages - will make the site look less cohesive and professional. You can also do as I do and use a shopping cart where I put the code on the BV pages bcause I prefer to build in BV and have control over how my pages look.

That's going to depend on you and how you want your products displayed. And what you want in a shopping cart.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X