Using Credit cards on website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Credit cards on website?

If i was to sign up to Voda and build a website, can I have people buy something? Example: I would like to build a site for a school project I'm doing to raise money for our Athletic fields. We are going to sell a brick with the persons name on it for a $100.00 and place in a walk way around the field.
    How do I set up, so the person can buy the brick online using.... Master Card, Visa or AMEX?
    Thank You

Re: Using Credit cards on website?

You can do that in many ways - by using Paypal - or you can set-up your own merchant account and get our own SSL certificate to do so.

For what you're talking about, Paypal would probably be the best way to go.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks so much for your quick reply!!! I have a PayPal account. Do I ask people to sign up for thir own account?
      Thx

Comment

People don't need a paypal account to pay using it - you'd need to get a paypal account that allows you to sell using their buttons. And they would take a percentage of each sale - depositing the rest into your paypal account.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

It will probably work best if you set up a PayPal account just for this fundraiser. You will need a bank account to have PayPal transfer the money into. This should be an account ONLY for the fundraiser portion thru PP. After money is transferred into this account you should immediately transfer that pile of money into the Main Fundraiser Account.
          Why? It's a way to prevent problems should there be an issue with the PP account.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Submit a Support a Support Ticket to get info on how to set up a Free Merchant Account as a VodaHost client.......the formality/accountability/acceptability of a real account for the purposes of fundraising (especially scholastic) ir preferred over using the convenience of PayPal......and it can remain for other "projects" indefinitely, being tied into an already established account for depository purposes....check with the school for details....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Merchant accounts setup fees may be free, but they generally charge monthly fees for bank services and a percentage per transaction, as well as a gateway fee. To accept AMEX is an additonal $5.00 per month fee directly to them on top of the banking fees, rather you process them or not. Discover also has DISCOUNT fees to provide their users with rewards, so even if the bank for some reason waived their fees, there are still costs involved.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Not necessarily for non-profit institutions, schools, charities, or as a designated depository account as would be this "fundraising account" for a specific school in a school district....which is why there needs to be more information gathering (as I nudged) for the rules are quite specific on collecting monies for schools, and what constitutes lottery/raffle/donation/fundraising accountabilities....

(We ran into this same issue in 2002 when Tom Hanks agreed to stand up to head the refurbishment of Skyline High's Auditorium to honor the teacher who had recently passed, and in the end, we found a way --similar to the above system of buying bricks-- to "buy" a seat up front good for all future school plays and productions)

In truth, I am predicting that this noble idea will probably need to be taken under the wing of the administration, and be integrated onto their website for it to fly as far as it needing to be "official" (thus solving what account to be linked to), even though they might let our VHPeer run the show.
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X