• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsanford
    Private

• Sep 2006

ecommerce features

I have built a 38 page website using Blue Voda. I am now ready to add a shopping cart before I am ready to launch. I have looked at Soholaunch. This looks like building a website from scratch. Can I add the Soholaunch ecommerce features to my present pages?

rsanford
    www.paradigm4life.com

Robert S. Sanford
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: ecommerce features

You would have to add all the product pages from Soho - and then your home page and other pages would not match.

You have to decide what type of shopping cart you want before you build - as that determines how you build.

If you want to keep your BV site (my stores are on BV) you can do so by using a different type of cart (Soho, OScommerce, Zen, etc are catalog driven) - then there are the carts where you can add the code to pages. Paypal does this.

There are lots of choices out there - but you need to plan the whole project first. Now that I said that - the only way I could plan my stores as they are now - was by trying many of the different shopping carts (and, yes, building or attempting to build) in them - until I found the solution that was/is best for me.

Good luck.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• amcdean
      Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Bethers, what would we do without you?
      I, too have a site live (now over 100 pages and counting) and thanks to you I now know that I can incorporate Paypal cart into my existing pages. Next stage of my site development will be online sales and subscription so you have saved me again.

Adam
      www.BeGreen.com.au

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

You're welcome Adam - and there are various ways to incorporate paypal - you might want to look at mal's ecommerce or cart manager (I use Cart Manager - but it's not free) Mal's has a free version - but it might limit how many items you can have. Or, you can add paypal buttons themselves.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X