Try Soholauch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Try Soholauch

Hi, I have a website with another host that I want to transfer to VH. I already have taken a few tours and read a few articles.
    My questions is:
    Is there any way I could try the Soholaunch before paying and going throught all the process of tranfering website, domain and all that?
    I already have a few pages builded with BlueVoda and onless there is a way to add the e-commerce or/and shopping cart by copy and paste or draging to I am lost.

I am very, very satisfied with BlueVoda software, but my website is more a catalog driven.
    I know you offer other e-commerce or shopping carts, but I don't know anything about HTML.

I saw the movie of how to build a webpage with soholaunch, but It do not allow me to see if I could really apply my way on the page design and all that. I quess only by trying will do it for me.

If someone could help me on all this before I get more confuse, I will apreciate it and I apologize for my lack of knowlegde. I don't know too much about website building I just want to be able to sell my drawings and craft online, but I want to be able to show my personality with at least the first page(home page) of my website. Thanks

Re: Try Soholauch

Blue Voda and Soho are completely different. YOu use, in most cases, one or the other - not both - on a website.

If you look at my stores in my signature, I build with Blue Voda and add the buy buttons you see by cutting and pasting the code into html boxes on the page. YOu can do this by the cart I use - or by using free paypal or google check-out (if you're in the US).

Soho will be a template and while you can edit it, you will not have the complete design control you have by building in BV.

Hope I helped.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I guess I prefere to stay with BlueVoda because of the freedom of using my own design.
      You mentioned I can use paypal and google buttons.
      -Does every button have to be created with html from scrach or when you said you cut and paste, was it from somewhere that give you this codes already done?
      -Is it the cart you have chosen what comes with this options or Is it the forms botton that BlueVoda have? I haven't even try them yet.
      -Should I build a form page to try it or should I pay and try the cart to see?
      Bethers, Sorry for so many questions. I just want to make sure I am doing the right desition. As much as I like the BlueVoda I have to be sure I can handle the rest before I make any payments and transfers.

Yes I am in US and thank you very much for your help and your valuable time.

Comment

The buttons with both Paypal and Google check-out are provided by them. You need to either input the information for each item - then they give you the items code OR if you understand enough html, you can take the information provided for one button and make changes for the others.

I'm using a cart I pay for from Cart Manager. I allows for more shopping cart options and I have my own merchant account (although you can use it with Paypal, too).

If you design in BV, just make sure you leave room near each product to put the add-to-cart buttons - as you'll have to add them in after you set up the account where-ever you decide to do so.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you so much for your help. I am so exaited, I hope this works for me because I have desided to move to VodaHost and use the BlueVoda builder.

I hope you don't mine I ask you something else. Now that I want to move -what are the step to do?

1- Pay and try the differents cart
          2- Transfer my domain
          3- finish the website to publish

-Where can I see how much is charge for the carts? I know Soholaunch is included, but you mentioned you pay for your merchant account.
          -Is this merchant account with VH or with someone else?

Bethers, thank you again.

Comment

I already had my merchant account before coming to VH. I suggest you look at what VH offers after you have an account here. And while VH can get you a merchant account with no set-up fees, there will be monthly and transaction fees. Each account varies and you need to look at that.

If you use BV to build and do not use a merchant account, you'd be looking at Paypal or Google Check-out. Both of these services charge you per transaction but you simply add code to each product for the "add-to-cart".
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Bethers, thank you so much for your help. You have being a bless.

Comment

Working...
              X