Items for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items for sale

I'm about to start listing items for sale on my website. I want small pictures that my customers can click on that link them to a page with a much larger picture of the item with the items description, price and buy button.

So you go to my stite. Go to the necklace page. On that page will be small pics of all the necklaces for sale. You click on the one you want and it opens up the page with the large pic, description, and buy button.

Do I have to create each individual item page first then put them all on the catagory page? Is this even possible using BV? If so, which tut talks about this?

Re: Items for sale

If you're building in BV, yes, you need to create a page for each item.

Another option would be to use the gallery feature and have all the info on the page with the gallery - and the buy buttons - then just have the pics open to larger pics.

If you look at my A Child's Palace site - you'll see I use both methods - on some items, I make complete pages (like each desk) but on others I have all the info on with the items and have the pictures only open to larger pictures.

BV is not a catalog driven system. If you want that already - you need to pick Soho or one of the other e-commerce builders.

Personally, I prefer the customization I can do with BV, but that's up to you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

But you can also use BV in conjunction with a custom made database driven script and Paypal's Buy Now buttons. This way you can have BV for the templates and the script will drive the content that will appear in the pages. You can build one, two, as many templates as you want, (depending on how many product categories you have) with the absolute freedom that BV allows for, then present these products in your pages thanks to the script. This is meaningless if you only have say 10 products, but becomes very usefull if you get to have 50 or more products.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval, I should alway remember that - and it's something I want to talk to you about the possibility of doing with the shopping cart I'm using. Is that a script you'd be able to write?
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sure Beth, i can build such a script. Just contact me when you like.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
            But you can also use BV in conjunction with a custom made database driven script and Paypal's Buy Now buttons. This way you can have BV for the templates and the script will drive the content that will appear in the pages. You can build one, two, as many templates as you want, (depending on how many product categories you have) with the absolute freedom that BV allows for, then present these products in your pages thanks to the script. This is meaningless if you only have say 10 products, but becomes very usefull if you get to have 50 or more products.
            Naval... dear Naval this sounds like something I need desperately! I have too many products to count with all the colors of my mineral make up plus skin and hair care. With a script like you are speaking of, would I still have 'creative license' on the design of my product pages? thanks
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Yes, of course. The whole thing goes like that: you create 1,2 3 or more templates, as you need them. You simply define where in your page you want the product info to appear (both images and text info, as well as eventual options). You deliver me the templates, with relevant static examples (f.e. you place in the page the pic, where you want it to appear, as well as the product info). Then i build the script, database driven, and i handle you back the template with all the necessary code in it. You then use it as it is, but you still can change the visual part of the page if required.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                Yes, of course. The whole thing goes like that: you create 1,2 3 or more templates, as you need them. You simply define where in your page you want the product info to appear (both images and text info, as well as eventual options). You deliver me the templates, with relevant static examples (f.e. you place in the page the pic, where you want it to appear, as well as the product info). Then i build the script, database driven, and i handle you back the template with all the necessary code in it. You then use it as it is, but you still can change the visual part of the page if required.
                Naval.... you are a God! I am building a shrine to you right now! I will add this to my ever growing NIFN list (Necessary Items From Naval)! Of course this moves to the top of the list ahead of the Rep and Wholesale scripts. I plan on emailing you a schematic soon and would like you to let me know if the layout works for you or if you need my plan in a different formula.

How is Italy today?
                Naturally Yours,
                Dori
                www.earthelixirs.com
                www.earthelixirsinc.com
                www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
                www.virtualdesigndiva.com
                www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

And I'm in the process of looking at the pages I want for my next site being moved here. Will be in touch.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X