This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Certificates and Multiple Domains

I have a couple of questions. First does VH offer free ssl shared certificates?

How do private SSL certificates work with multiple domains on one account? Do I need a separate account for each domain that I want a SSL certificate for?

Re: SSL Certificates and Multiple Domains

You should look at the specifics of SSL options here at VodaHost: http://www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm

Since each SSL cert requires a Dedicated IP, you can choose to establish this account "new" with just your commerce site (as I have chosen for my cart-driven sites, thereby also managing band), or as currently configured (meaning all domain sites will also be "shared"-secure).

For the appropriate solution, I suggest you Submit a Support Ticket to recieve the individual attention any moving of domains might require.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Nancy,
      To further what Vasili said,
      No, there are not free shared certificates . However, depending on what shopping cart you use, you may be able to use their shared certificate.

But, I would go ahead with a question to support for the exacts for multiple accounts.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Nancy,

Private SSLs from low to mid range run from around 100 a year to 200 a year, including the dedicated ip for each. Theres a wild card ssl thats around 650 a year.. not counting dedicated ip, so its actually cheaper to get an account for each store, unless you are going to run 6 to 8 stores on the wild card.

You can do authorize.net with SIM that you are already familiar with or you can build one cart to host multiple stores products for the check out/cart process and build in whatever to LINK up to the cart as one possibility.. or Beth's Cart Manager is a good option for a SHARED SSL as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by ncope
          I have a couple of questions. First does VH offer free ssl shared certificates?

How do private SSL certificates work with multiple domains on one account? Do I need a separate account for each domain that I want a SSL certificate for?
          1) No we do not offer free shared ssl, this is very unprofessional and your customers will not like it. I would avoid free shared ssl's

2) You need to purchase a new ssl for each account. You can not have more tahn one ssl per account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac
            Nancy,

Private SSLs from low to mid range run from around 100 a year to 200 a year, including the dedicated ip for each. Theres a wild card ssl thats around 650 a year.. not counting dedicated ip, so its actually cheaper to get an account for each store, unless you are going to run 6 to 8 stores on the wild card.

You can do authorize.net with SIM that you are already familiar with or you can build one cart to host multiple stores products for the check out/cart process and build in whatever to LINK up to the cart as one possibility.. or Beth's Cart Manager is a good option for a SHARED SSL as well.

Karen
            Just a note...Wild card ssls allow you to have and to use the same ssl on unlimited and multiple sub-domains only...Not on multiple accounts.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Herr General

Ty.. I thought that was HOW it worked, but.. I wasnt sure, because I dont ever intend to try to keep up with 8 stores..lol.. I cant keep up with what I got.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I'm getting close. Maybe that's why I'm losing it.

Nope, I just remembered - can't lose what I no longer have!

Did I ever have it?

OK, enough said by me <slapping myself>
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X