Newbie E commerce question on merchant account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie E commerce question on merchant account

I'm trying to find the specific answers but alas it seems to be tough.

I saw on the site that merchant account is included. This seems to mean different things to different hosting companies.

Vodahost includes a shopping cart correct?

With the merchant account, will I be able to accept credit card payments for eCommerce sales?

Do I need a 3rd party account with someone else to accept credit cards?

Does Vodahost process the credit card payments themselves through my site since they are hosting it?

I'm more or less looking for drag and drop which I see is there, and making online sales easier, and then to be able to put in my bank account info and when someone purchases with credit cards, it drops into my bank account.

Re: Newbie E commerce question on merchant account

VodaHost offers you many options. You can do an ecommerce site using BlueVoda and adding a shopping cart of your choice. You can do one using Soho or OSCommerce or Zen Cart. Soho has the drag and drop which you say you are looking for.

VodaHost has a merchant account - but you have to be accepted for it - and it's, I believe only available for US Merchants. You need to put in a support ticket to get that.

VodaHost has nothing to do with the processing of the credit cards - that would be through the Merchant Account.

Or - you can accept credit cards without the merchant account by using Paypal or Google Checkout.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Oh thank you so much!

One other question before I buy...

Is SoHo compatible with the Google checkout?

Comment

what is a support ticket? and is Soho the only one withthe drag and drop option for the shopping cart?

Comment

I do not know if Soho has integrated Google Checkout yet. Hopefully someone else who knows might see and answer that.

Lindsayanng-
          Soho is the cart offered by VH to customers that has drag and drop as an ecommerce capability. I'm sure there are others out there somewhere if you went looking, but I'm also sure they would come with an additional price tag, which Soho does not.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

As for Lindsay and the SoHo pricing - this is by far the cheapest with the best reputation and customer support level I need.

I've been searching about 12 hours a day for a week, until I got my head out of my rear and asked in some forums about the best places that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Other services that do have the easy building drag and drop can run around 40 bucks a month! Then they don't include the carts and such.

I just wanted a one stop place where I don't need 4 different accounts with 4 different people to run one thing. I'm pretty sure I've found it!

Thanks for replying, even if it isn't a definitive answer Bethers!

Comment

At this time am doing a lot of reading on preparing to dive in on creating my 1st website. do not worry, i will be asking questions and helping as soon as my site is on the world wide web.

thanks

Comment

Does Blue Voda offer pages for "ordering rules", where I would just put in the necessary tax information, shipping costs for certain products, or no shipping cost where I would list product numbers where the shipping is included in the cost of the item?

I use Pay Pal, so would I just insert the Pay Pal html code for payment processing without having to get a shopping cart?

Thanks,

jars7

Comment

Blue Voda is completely compatible with PayPal configurations, allowing you to take full advantage of designing a website completely under your parameters.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
                    jars7

Comment

In fact, Blue Voda now has PayPal built in!

Download the newest version of Blue Voda that includes popular eCommerce functionality and numerous other upgraded tools and features HERE
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Soholaunch does have an addon for google checkout.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                        X