People with a lot of patients only please. I have a lot of q's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lindsayanng
    Private

• Feb 2007

People with a lot of patients only please. I have a lot of q's?

Ok, I'm new to the world of Internet store fronts, but i want to open an internet petstore for exotic animals. So i need an e-commerce site that has a shopping cart and the ability to accept credit cards. I read that that is all possible to do with blue voda. I guess my question is, with the membership you actually get the merchant account and such to accept credit cards?? Also, how hard is it to set up the shopping cart? I really need it to be something that is easy. I've made websites before on basic site builders but they are only personal sites, and i know nothing about html.

Finally, can i upload a dreamweaver site with captian FTP to Blue Voda?

I need as much help and suggestions as i cant get, so even if you have a suggestion that is off topic, it will be appreciated
  • bill2006
    Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Re: People with a lot of patients only please. I have a lot of q's?

Welcome,
    Start with the tutorials.
    Selecting a shopping cart will depend on the number of products, price and discounts, etc. I use PayPal, users seem to be comfortable with it and they offer buyers security. Setting up a shopping cart is as hard as you make it.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• CarbonTerry
      Major General

• Oct 2005

PayPal and others provide a secure method to accept credit card and other methods of payment.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Lindsayanng
        Ok, I'm new to the world of Internet store fronts, but i want to open an internet petstore for exotic animals. So i need an e-commerce site that has a shopping cart and the ability to accept credit cards. I read that that is all possible to do with blue voda. I guess my question is, with the membership you actually get the merchant account and such to accept credit cards?? Also, how hard is it to set up the shopping cart? I really need it to be something that is easy. I've made websites before on basic site builders but they are only personal sites, and i know nothing about html.

Finally, can i upload a dreamweaver site with captian FTP to Blue Voda?

I need as much help and suggestions as i cant get, so even if you have a suggestion that is off topic, it will be appreciated
        1. If you are looking for a pre-formatted shopping cart, with a bit more ability to easily create or "customize" a look and feel you can call your own, Soholaunch is probably the eCommerce utility you should start out with. Very versatile and robust with features you will not have to construct, it is probably the foundation for you to create the store you infer. It is a lot simpler in many respects to the osCommerce utility, and is truly a "website builder with a built-in commerce solution" if that makes it any easier to understand!

2. If you choose to develop a website using the feature-rich website design tool available free from VodaHost, Blue Voda, you will find it superior to any other web design tool on the market, and although it will prove to be as simple as using a tool you have previous experience with, it is not a commerce foundation per se. You can use PayPal with a Blue Voda created website, but Blue Voda does not have certain pre-formatted elements cart such as Soholaunch and osCommerce does: you will have to manually create tables, databases, catalogs, product 'search,' etc. * If you plan on more than 50-100 products, or desire to offer more sphisticated payment options other than PayPal's programmed structure (including shipping options, client histories, tax variables, etc.), then Soholaunch is your next best step.

3. You can use Dreamweaver, Flash, Swish, or most other styles to create a website and have it hosted effectively at VodaHost (you do not have to use Blue Voda, for instance), and find loading it into your VodaHost account easy using either the common FTP client utility within your account Control Panel, or by using your own utility. >> Loading your site via FTP is not done through Blue Voda (the web design tool), but to your account at VodaHost!

4. I am reading between the lines in General VodaHost's post about what appears to be a clarification on a feature commonly offered here at VodaHost, free to every client: VodaHost does "make free merchant account introductions for our customers" but cannot guarantee they will qualify....**This is an important understanding, for if you wish to have an eCommerce presence on the internet selling exotic animals/pets, you will need to not only qualify for a bona-fide merchant account and status, but be in compliance with all Statutes and Laws that may apply to this eclectic trade, don't you think? This would also indicate you might need the more secure and compliant foundation of a true cart like Soholaunch or osCommerce. If so, this is where you will need to apply your efforts to design your website to fulfill all your expectations!

Welcome To VodaLand! There's Magic in Here!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Mook25
          Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

The shopping cart software supplied is very easy to use. so much so that even a one armed chimpanzee could use it. You need no HTML experience whatsoever as most of the programs are of a drag and drop design. Knowing a bit of HTML would obviously add that little bit more flexibility of what you can produce so learning the basics would be of an advantage.

Our community is a very helpful one and if you have any problems while setting up your store or have any other questions, there will always be someone happy to answer any questions you may have.
          Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
          FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

• Dori
            Lieutenant Colonel

• Sep 2006

To add to what the others are saying, there is also another cart that works well with BV, it is Cart Manager. You can build your site the way you want to in BV and create a customized shopping cart with Cart Manager. CM is also PayPal friendly.

Besides the shopping cart feature of SohoLaunch, it gives you a newsletter program and more which are invaluable tools. There are many ways to go, it just depends on which one you find more comfortable.
            Welcome to VodaLand
            Naturally Yours,
            Dori
            www.earthelixirs.com
            www.earthelixirsinc.com
            www.mineralmakeupdiva.com
            www.virtualdesigndiva.com
            www.enhancemineralcosmetics.com

Comment

Working...
            X