• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coffeegourmet
    Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

Got some questions here.

Hi everyone,

I am still building in Voda Host with some assistance of Bethers on stuff with Cart Manager and stuff. But I have some questions about all of this, and don't want to bother her all the time because she has her own work to do!

So here we go:

1. I am building my site with copies of Blue Voda on two computers, my main one and my laptop. Is this going to mess me up when I am ready to publish? Surely you must be able to do it, I mean not everyone has just one computer!

2. The site I am building will replace my other site that is on another host right now. If I go ahead and publish before it is completely done, do I just point my domain at Voda Host, and than continue to build? I don't have a lot of visitors anyways, but what few I have are mostly searching for one page, my tea page, anyways! As long as it can be moved, I would be happy. Can I just publish some pages and add the rest as I go along?

I think that is it for now, I am sure I will have more as I make the transition to the land of Voda!
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: Got some questions here.

Chris...

Just emal your self the pages from the lap top to the main so they are all in one place before you publish. This way its all together. You could just upload them from both computers.. no biggie either way.

You can point your domain name to voda host at any point in the building. When you publish it will be live.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Got some questions here.

Actually, it could cause problems if you aren't very careful to make sure that you have the same path to all images from both computers. That is a MUST. Or you'll not have the pages looking the same on both.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• coffeegourmet
        Second Lieutenant

• Feb 2007

I am in!!!!!

Well I am signed up for Voda now! Just have to wait for that Welcome Email to come in! :) I already have a free domain name, ccwenterprises.biz, and have a webpage ready to publish. I will post it when it is up!

Now I just have to wait for my domain name to be transferred to go daddy and I can move my coffee site over here too!

I know I am doing the right thing here, should have done this a long time ago!!!!

By the way, note to Voda Host, I would have never have come here if it were not for Bethers and KarenMac, but I did not sign up with either of their affiliate links, I signed up direct. Is there anything we can do for them????
        My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Working...
        X