ip protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ip protection

I live in canada. If I choose a .com url for my site as opposed to .ca am i still eligible for i.d. protection offered by bv?

Re: ip protection

No, you can not have ID protection on a .ca domain name.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for the quick reply - impressive - for new users who are scanning forums to see if bv is for real or not - all you have to do is compare bv's forums to those of a large chat room - you can't 'hide' anything in an open room - lol - example - i checked a link to a Thai site someone said 'booted' them right off-line, i lost connection and had to reboot also, ( i also got spammed while i was there) in my opinion - if some one is going to abuse bv services they will not be with us for long - I can say this after only 2 forums sessions

arpi:)

Comment

I live in Canada also. What is ID protection and how important is it.......before I sign up with VodaHost and transfer everything over? My domain name is a .com name.

Comment

I did not know you can not have I.D protection with a .ca domain is that because it is controlled by CIRA?
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy I looked at the CIRA website and while I didn't really dig into it (you know how government websites are, lol) it looks like they're planning some new laws. Maybe with some info protection in them.

Comment

I'm going to guess that the Canadian government doesn't allow ID protection on .ca domains. The US government doesn't allow it on .us domains (at least they didn't last I knew). But you can get the private registration on .com and most others that I know of.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers. Yep right now it doesn't allow ID protection as far as I can see. I have a .com domain so I guess it's no problem.

Comment

Working...
                X