Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Cart

Just would like to clarify something. If I have one shopping cart, can I use the same shopping cart from Vodahost for three or more websites that I might have in the future?

Re: Shopping Cart

Yes.....both simply and in the complicated sense.

You can have unlimited carts installed onto individual add-on domains within your account (the simple answer), and if you want to preserve your design or set up of your cart, it is actually possible to copy your files from one database to another (essentially *******ting it) which would require detailed re-configuration within the *******ted cart's control Panel to function properly (the complicated answer, truly for advanced users only).

The "Medium" answer is to create an add-on domain, install a new cart, and merely swap out elements of your original cart's customizations one at a time....a bit more laborious, but quite easier that starting over and tremendously a lot less frustrating than trying to do a DB copy multiple times!

Looking forward to working with you (and helping you out with this one! LOL)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Just want to clarify this - If you use Soho as your shopping cart, you can only use ONE instance of Soho with your account. So to use another instance of Soho you'd need to purchase a separate hosting account.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        Just want to clarify this - If you use Soho as your shopping cart, you can only use ONE instance of Soho with your account. So to use another instance of Soho you'd need to purchase a separate hosting account.
        No, Beth....that is incorrect: you can have as many carts in your account you wish, but only one cart per domain (or sub-domain....even if that sub-domain is merely a named directory, waiting for a domain to be added to the account as an add-on). Each account can have unlimited domains (add-ons, sub's) and unlimited databases......the integration processes I mentioned are the easiest way to do what was asked.
        >> Each cart, each "site," can only have one public_html directory, and thus, one index page. This is why a directory/add-on/sub-domain must be created for each.

Was my earlier explanation not as clear as I thought it was? I AM trying to keep it as simple as possible, you know! LOL
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You can only have ONE dedicated ip, and if you want ssl on all of them you will have to go to wild card ssl. You can install soho more than once but you only get one FREE copy of soho. By the time you BUY soho you might as well buy a HOSTING account. :)

I just wanted to add my two cents to the confusion.

It will depend one which SHOPPING CART you want to install and rather or not you want multiple SSL.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X