VH / BV for Dummies or an Idiots Guide type book!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrs.ut06
    Private

• Mar 2007

VH / BV for Dummies or an Idiots Guide type book!

Hello,

Still wanting to join but being cautious until I know I can actually make a website. When I read questions in the forum. I start getting confused and then absolutely scared to try and do this on my own. Things simple to most people comfortable with using the internet like linking pages, saving them, putting it all together, then publishing it sounds like foreign language to me.

??? Does VH / BV have a book that's out like VH for Dummies or Complete idot's guide to BV? I need to read multiple times and then underline all the new info. I keep watching the tutorials but due to short term memory loss called chemobrain caused by chemotherapy treatments, I can't remember what I learned when I start trying to put it all together in my head. So I'll re-watch a tutorial while feverishly trying to write everything down. Yes, my health is good. Chemo was a couple of years ago, but I still have effects from it.

I already have a website parked can I just transfer the whole site by pointing (I think DNS) to Voda Host once I have an account, instead of where it is now? Will I have to link all those pages together? I have two websites I'd like to maintain. The one I've previously mentioned, that I want to transer and one I'd like to start up. The one site that is already up and going has been organized, linked up, published & maintained by someone other than me with pay. I really am quite clueless. When it comes to the internet world and websites, I'm a blond but very passionate and willing to learn.

Warmly, Patti
    (just waiting for the guts to hop on board. Money - no problem.
    Brains & confidence with the internet - a problem.)
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: VH / BV for Dummies or an Idiots Guide type book!

Hi, many have asked! But if you do a search on this forum & look through the tutorials at link below, it will cover most things.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• LadyEye
      General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Hi Patti

I can feel your anxieties, we've all been there ....

I'd like to point you to my "Simply Blue Voda"

a pdf version of my simple tips for beginners ...

You can read it, you can download it, you can print it ....

It is in pdf format, and you probably have adobe acrobat on your computer, so you shouldn't have any problems ... if you do, let me know ...

You can find it here ... http://www.ladyeye.net/blue_voda_tips.html

And in answer to your question regarding domain transfer, yes, you transfer your domain to voda host once you have an account and point your domain name to the two voda servers that will be given to you when you register for hosting with Voda ....

This is the easiest program for you to learn, but I'll warn you, it will take time, but you can do it ....

Hope this helps ease your anxieties a bit. Welcome to VodaLand!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Also, please click and read the below..It is a very good starting point...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• davidundalicia
          General

• Mar 2006

If an 80 year old granny and a 15 year old youngster can do...so can you....

Come on in and enjoy the fun, you will be surprised at what you can achieve after you take that first step.

You will have plenty of help from all of US, so start right NOW...........
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• Mook25
            Brigadier General

• Oct 2005

Take the plunge. it'll be worth it. Bluevoda is so easy to use. When i first started out i didn't have a clue now look what i can do by looking at my sites in my signature.
            Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
            FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
            X