Changing hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing hosts

Yes I am ready to join VodaHost, but I have a website up with my current domain name already. I have asked my current host to cancel my account as I want to transfer my domain name over to Vodahost.

My question is.....can I sign up with VodaHost before my current website is removed on the other server? And can I transfer my domain name over before the current site is down? And start publishing my new webpages? The reason I'm asking is it might take several days before my current host takes the old site down. Thanks!

Re: Changing hosts

How do you plan to rebuild your site?

I built my entire site in BV without shutting down my old one - then when it was ready, I published all the pages. THEN I directed the nameservers to VH and when it propogated, my site went from being live on one host to live here with NO down time.

There are times you may not be able to do it quite this way - but you really don't want downtime you don't have to have.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Bethers! I've already rebuild most of my site using BV and it looks like my old site is now down. So all I have to do is finish building my new one and register with VodaHost, then transfer my domain name or point it at the site.

Lol I'm not really worried about downtime as my old site was totally unusable and it's taking me forever to figure out how to build one using the BV..........but I'm particularly dense. Lol.

Right now I'm wrestling with a rollover that keeps rolling over and running away! Ha ha

By the way.......is there a security problem with Canadian sites on VodaHost? I saw and posted to the ID protection thread in this section. Thanks again.......you're a huge help.........just like Beth on my art forum.

Comment

Not sure what kind of security you're talking about - but I don't know of any security problem any sites - Canadian or not.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X