This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to publish MY site...

I build my 1st site and now want to publish it here. I have a domain name already, please some1 direct me to info. on accomplishing this feat. I also want to thank all you great guys/gals here at vodahost for a job well done.

Re: Want to publish MY site...

Do you have hosting with vodahost?

If so an IP address along with login information was sent to you, you just have to fill that in on the dialog box that pops up when you want to publish

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by grouper2
      I build my 1st site and now want to publish it here. I have a domain name already, please some1 direct me to info. on accomplishing this feat. I also want to thank all you great guys/gals here at vodahost for a job well done.
      did you get your domain through BV or some other company?

If you have a Vodahost account, publishing instructions can be found HERE. I hope this helped.
      Best Regards,
      Alex
      Surveillance Systems
      Restaurant POS | Retail POS
      Free WoW Gold Guide

Comment

Originally posted by aconstas1
        did you get your domain through BV or some other company?

If you have a Vodahost account, publishing instructions can be found HERE. I hope this helped.
        ok here is my situation, 1.Created site with Dreamweaver MX. 2.Register domain name with GoDaddy.com. 3. Paid for hosting here at BV. I receive login information from Bv today. What must I do first? (a) How do i get my site tranfer from dreamweaver to BV? (b) what must i do at godaddy so my domain can work with Bv? Oh thanks for all the reply.

Comment

You need to clarify terms, first, so we are all on the same page:

1. VodaHost is the company that hosts your website, and where you have a hosting account paid.

2. Blue Voda (BV) is a website builder tool offered free by VodaHost to allow clients an easy tool to build a website in without much experience (other than simple Windows familiarity and logical sequencing processes).

3. You built a wbsite in Mx, and can use it to update your site -- great! You can host that site here at VodaHost with no problems whatsoever.

4. You now need to go into your GD control panel : logon to your existing account > Manage Domains > click/"check" on the domain you have hosted > click on the top tool icon "Control Panel."

5. In the control panel, click on FTP > and connect to your hosted account root file/directory.

7. One by one (the tool does not transfer large files too well) COPY TO (not MOVE)your hard drive each of the files (or small folders only, usually under 3 mb) into a pre-established Folder......you are copying your website complete to your hard drive. If you are moving smaller folders, be sure to check "Include Sub-folders"

8. Once you are sure you have a copy of everything, every element wholly, then disconnect. LEAVE YOUR SITE THERE, INTACT

9. With the inofrmation presented in your Confirmation email from VodaHost, logon to your CPanel (use the User Name and Password supplied --- make no changes, trust me).

10. Click on the File Manager icon....navigate to your public_html/ directory, and then use the "upload" button to locate on your HD your Folder with your DWeaver site in, and Upload each file to this root directory.

If this process has been performed properly, your site is now on VH servers.

11. Go back to GD and logon once again to your account > Manage Domains > and this time at top click on DNS/Nameservers. You will see 4 boxes, and 2 will be filled in with the GD servers info > you will change these 2 boxes, entering the VH specific servers listed in your Confirmation email > enter this info in all Caps, exactly as listed. (If you need further clarification of the paired server info, go to vodahost.com, and click on Customer Logon, and the list of servers will present. Choose your "pair" according to the IP also listed in your VH cPanel).

Once this DNS change has been entered, it will take about 1-2 hours for GD servers to effect the change, but eventually they will "point" to the VH server you have previously loaded your DWmx site files into, and it will be visible live online.

NOW.....you need to re-configure your DWmx to connect to server according to your new VH account. Once this is done, you will have the ability to edit your site "on the fly" as usual.

(You need not transfer your domain to VH as long as it is performing perfectly for you....unless you want to).

Welcome to VodaLand! You're going to love it here!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Now let me see if i can take in all of this.

Comment

You only have the domain name rom GoDaddy ? If yes, as i understand from your post, just follow step 11 of Vasili's instructions, to change the DNS from Goddady to VodaHost. Then use Dreamweaver to upload your site in your VodaHost account.

Please note that when you change the nameservres at GoDaddy, itt might take even up to 24 hrs for net propagation, and until then you will NOT be able to publish through Dreamweaver, unless you use the direct IP address that VodaHost has provided.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X