Opt-In Mailing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opt-In Mailing Question

I was reading your TOS before signing up and it said that you were not allowed to mail to "opt-in" mailing lists. One of the things I wanted to in marketing of my site is to send out a periodic mailing to my registered users with new information about the site, etc. Would this be violating the Terms of Service for my VodaHost account or not?

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: Opt-In Mailing Question

The TOS say 'We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail'. As long as you add an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email that you send out allowing your customers to unsubscribe if they wish you should be ok. Just make sure you have all the safe guards up to stop email harvester bots using your opt in lists or subscribe lists as free email centers i.e have image verification, humaniser, double opt in emails etc etc that way you know for sure that the customer has opted to receive emails from you and not been forced to by a bot.
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Working...
    X