• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1lear
    Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

making webpages

It may sound like a jumping ahead since i'm building my first webpage but i'm just planning my future work and getting info to work that plan. If i wanted to build websites for other people-i know some people who rather skip the enjoyment of creating one of their own-how would i go about doing this. i know i would make it in voda but how would they get it from me?
    Lose the Weight

• navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: making webpages

You can do it in two ways: you send them all the files (in BV format ) as well as all the images that you might have used. However, most probably, they will have to reestablish the path to the images, so you better store them all in a folder and retreive them from there.

Second way: if you are going to be also the site administrator, you can simply publish the website you have built for hem, directly from your computer to their site. Of course, this would require them to give you their loggin details.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• 1lear
      Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

1st way-if i send them the bv files how would they use them if for some remote reason they chose another host instead of vodahost even tho i would promote vodahost to them.

2nd-how would i be able to publish their webpage to another site (hosting) if everything made with bv is locked into vodahost or is it just that way in pre-sale.

thanks
      Lose the Weight

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

If they don't host with VodaHost, you cannot (and you are not allowed) to use BlueVoda to build their site. BlueVoda is a proprietary software, free, but requires a VodaHost account. And, it will NOT publish to non VH servers.
        This is not a presale issue, as said BV is VodaHost's proprietary software.

However, if i may ask, why should they host elsewhere ? they ge lots of features, plus excellent service here. At mist they will lose some months hosting already paid for to their actual hoster, not a big deal if they are willing to pay somebody to build their site.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• 1lear
          Staff Sergeant

• Apr 2007

just being darn silly would make them do that (smile) i was just checking

thanks-question in the future when i make a website for someone and link them to voda does voda credit me with anything?
          Lose the Weight

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You can enter the affiliate program, if you have a website of your own, and add a banner on your webpage. Make your clients sign up with VH through clicking on the banner on your site, and you will be credited with the affiliate's commission ($70 on annual contracts)
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X