• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjbalog@gmail.com
    Private

• May 2007

So Excited but need advice!

Hi there!

I am so excited to launch a website but feel exhausted trying to research all of the details. Voda seems awesome and I think it seems like the perfect solution. I have been navigating the sight and have found many answers I have been seeking but am still a bit confused. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have a fantastic product line and want a fantastic website to match it. I need it to include a shopping cart (I have a paypal account), a blog; a way to of course view my product line; email; and a way to advertise other ventures that my family is involved with.

I checked out the templates and they aout blew me away...they were awesome! So my questions are:

If I purchase a template, will my website look similar to the template?

Will I need to purchase additional software in order to use the templates?

What exactly is the SSL deal and is it an absolute necessity?

Will my shopping cart be secure and make customers feel confident with putting their information in?

Sorry for all of the questions. I am just a wreck trying to work out the nuts and bolts and just don't know where to start without spending a million dollars!

Thanks so much!
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: So Excited but need advice!

If you use a template your site will look like the template. Keep in mind that templates GO with software or builders so they are designed to work with that platform or you will have to modify it to work with your platform.

Yes you need SSL if you accept credit cards on your site. Your merchant account will require it across the board. If you use paypal then no.. you wont need it.. nor will you need it for cart manager or mals ecommerce.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• sjbalog@gmail.com
      Private

• May 2007

Re: So Excited but need advice!

Thank you soooooo much for the information. So, with regard to the templates, I WILL need to have additional software in order to add my information? Do you know if the templates are easy to modify or add my companies information? Thank you soooo much once again!

Comment

Working...
      X