Some silly questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some silly questions!

Ok, I'm in the process of building my rather large website at the moment which will probably take me weeks to complete! As I'm using the Bluevoda builder and the service has been so fab (I'm a newbie to all this complicated stuff so a good service is VERY important!!) I want to use VodaHost to, well, host my site!

I'm in the UK so when my site's done I need to register my bank card details, etc... Is there a charge from anyone for paying pounds sterling as dollars? Or is this just something I need to check with my bank? I mean, do you charge for a currency conversion? Hope I'm making sense here!

Secondly, I read that my domain name is free? How do I know that nobody else has the name I want to use before I go to publish my site?!

Also, if I make a second website do I pay the same monthly fee for that and would the domain name have to be paid for then?

I guess these are all questions that have been asked before but there's so much info on here it's hard to get through it all without dedicating an entire day to it!! Sorry if I'm repeating old questions anyway!

Thanks for helping!
    sigpic"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Re: Some silly questions!

Originally posted by PinCushionQueen
    Ok, I'm in the process of building my rather large website at the moment which will probably take me weeks to complete! As I'm using the Bluevoda builder and the service has been so fab (I'm a newbie to all this complicated stuff so a good service is VERY important!!) I want to use VodaHost to, well, host my site!

I'm in the UK so when my site's done I need to register my bank card details, etc... Is there a charge from anyone for paying pounds sterling as dollars? Or is this just something I need to check with my bank? I mean, do you charge for a currency conversion? Hope I'm making sense here!
    I don't know this one
    Secondly, I read that my domain name is free?
    Yes one domain name comes free when you sign up for the hosting service
    How do I know that nobody else has the name I want to use before I go to publish my site?!
    When you buy the domain it is yours and no one else can use it or buy it or anything like that.
    If it is already being used you can't buy it.
    Also, if I make a second website do I pay the same monthly fee for that and would the domain name have to be paid for then?
    Once you have paid the hosting fee once, you can have as many domains as you want. So you only pay for one hosting service. But you have to purchase each domain name.
    I guess these are all questions that have been asked before but there's so much info on here it's hard to get through it all without dedicating an entire day to it!! Sorry if I'm repeating old questions anyway!
    Thanks for helping!
    NO worries. You're gonna get addicted like the rest of us.. LOL
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks heaps Liz!! Bluevoda/VodaHost are so cool! Lol!

Comment

Lazarovich is very right, you will get addicted like the rest of us ... lol

You will need to register for a voda hosting account to publish your website. At this same time you can request your domain name and have that in place so that you know it is yours while you are building your site, it's important when applying the linking to and from all of your pages.

Currency conversion will be done for you by the support staff.

Your one voda hosting account can contain unlimited domains. You pay separately for each domain name, yearly, however, your one account with Voda Hosting is all you need to build as many sites as you like.

I would order your account today, and welcome to VodaLand! http://www.vodahost.com/prices.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye! I'll see about setting up my account tomorrow then! Just to clarify - I pay my set up fee (about £15 GBP) and do I have to pay a months fee straight away with that?

Comment

Originally posted by PinCushionQueen
            Thanks LadyEye! I'll see about setting up my account tomorrow then! Just to clarify - I pay my set up fee (about £15 GBP) and do I have to pay a months fee straight away with that?
            Yes you will, if you can opt in for the yearly account, it waives that set up fee, and also reduces the monthly fee ... you'd be near half way there if you chose to do it this way.

And depending on how you pay will depend on how quickly your account gets set up for you. Instant payments are the best and quickest if you can ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X