• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micheleros
    Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Re: A few questions before I join

Silver Fox,

The .ws means 'website' they are doing it as a viable alternative to the .com. Pretty much any name you want is available, the company bought the rights to .ws from Western Samoa.

Basically it's domain reg, hosting site builder etc etc. but instead of an affilliate programme, they operate a network marketing system whereby you get paid a residual income on anyone that you recommend to join their service...and they subsequently join. (85% retention rate) 7 day free trial etc......

I am a member but I haven't really done anything but point my domain name to their company site, but I do plan to build a separate site. I was involved in Network Marketing years ago and was pretty successful with it, so it depends whether you are into that sort of thing.

I consider it a slow burner though (for me anyway) my plan is create an income over 2 years. (power of numbers and all that)

A few things about though:

You can buy a .ws domain from Go Daddy at $9 or $10 for the year but you won't be able to earn residuals.

To be in the income programme your domain reg, hosting blah, blah is $10.00 per month.

I think it may be fine for someone who has html ( you don't need it but, I do not like their sitebuilder!!)....some people love it & find it really easy to use, I don't, but I do like their business model which is why I am with them.

Not really a good advertisement for them am I ............ha!

Anyway I'm not posting my link here as I'm not touting for business, but I hope this info was of use to you. Let me know if you need to know more.

regards,

Michele

Comment

• micheleros
      Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Karen,

Thank you very much,

I think I have checked them out already, as far as I remember though, I can't choose the languages specifically...but I will go back and have a look. I think I may have to end up paying for specific languages which is no big deal so long as it is not ridiculous money.

Michele

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Karen Mac
        To Answer the Languages question, theres a program called BABEL FISH, that allows for MOST translation on a site. I havent used it but there are those who do.

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

This might work for you.

Karen
        I have tried it. Good if you want to understand a page writen in a language you don't understand, very poor as translation, sometimes with funny results, certainly not suitable for a pro site.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• micheleros
          Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thanks Naval Design,

Any ideas on a pro-solution, that won't cost the earth?

Michele

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I have tried many, both online and offline translators. None was acurate enough. I can only suggest that you use some internet bases translation services bureau (by human translators). They are, in our days, resonably priced. Google it.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pristinelife
              Captain

• Apr 2007

Originally posted by navaldesign
              I have tried it. Good if you want to understand a page writen in a language you don't understand, very poor as translation, sometimes with funny results, certainly not suitable for a pro site.
              Did you have to use it to read any of my links Naval? Inquiring minds want to know
              Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
              Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

• micheleros
                Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thanks again Navaldesign.

Michele

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Correct. For each annual account signup you get a $70 commission. For 3-annual is the same. Not applicable for monthly payments. Min payout $150. Payment usually by PayPal account.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• micheleros
                    Master Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thanks again

Michele

Comment

Working...
                    X