question before joining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question before joining

Hi, im very new to creating a website, i wanted to use one of the templates the vodahost has ,that cost a small fee. Is that all i need to set up the pages or is that only the first page? Do i need to do my own pages after that or is it all inclusive, i just set it up, fill it out and thats pretty much it? i think they range between 50 - to 70? I think it would look more professional for me, and it seems like a small cost to keep me stress free and up on the web quickly. has anyone used these? thank you!

Re: question before joining

Hi, you can use one of VH’s templates or create your own one. Don’t forget there are also free headers/buttons & alike in the same area. But if you do purchase a template, you shouldn’t need much else, plus there is so much free stuff with VH or on the web, that it is hard to pay for some bits. Lol.
    Is all you will need is a VH account & a template if needed, & you can start building your site. Personally I would get the VH account 1st, & have a play with BV for a few days & then see if you need a template.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thank you chris! the more i look though the more confused im getting.

Comment

Download templates, headers, logos and more

You will find many free templates to work with in the link above.

You can use the same template, (in fact it is advised) on all of your pages that you create ...

Plan your work and work your plan for your website ...

If you would like to read a few tips with your web building feel free to check here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Some of the templates that cost $40-$70 use flash or other programs. Don't you have to have the kind of program they mention in order to edit it? Thanks
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady View Post
            Some of the templates that cost $40-$70 use flash or other programs. Don't you have to have the kind of program they mention in order to edit it? Thanks
            Yes.....whenever you consider purchasing a Premium Template, not only is the initial cost a factor, but also the means to "edit it" which often requires additional software such as Dreamweaver, Flash8 or SWisH(Flash), Adobe Photoshop, and others, as well as the expertise to use them!

If you wish to browse a huge collection of ready-made (complete) websites made in Flash, HTML, and other configurations (and complete details on how to edit them), visit the VodaHost Premium Template Collection.

As General LadyEye suggested, a uniform page template is reccommended, and can be easily created and cloned using Blue Voda....and there are in fact hundreds of FREE pre-made templates for use in Blue Voda, available here.

You can see many of these Free and slick Blue Voda Templates used successfully in the Showcase Forum.

Good Luck, and Good Webbing!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Eric..that's what I thought. I wish I had the time to learn to use a flash program. Which one would you recommend is fairly easy to learn? Or am I dreaming again...lol
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Morning!

I was going to add (before I got timed out) that many of our peers have successfully used a mock-Flash program to edit templates, but I believe that some of the richer features still need the real deal to create. I am not the one to ask which of these trial or freebies work best (especially for the novice Flasher Whoops! LOL), but if you run into Garry (Alien) you may wish to ask him the one he decided on.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady View Post
                  Thanks Eric..that's what I thought. I wish I had the time to learn to use a flash program. Which one would you recommend is fairly easy to learn? Or am I dreaming again...lol
                  hey Cindy Koolmoves is not too hard, as flash programs go..
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Thanks Eric and Liz. When I get to the point, that I can give it a whirl, I'll look up Alien and Koolmoves! I just wanted the original poster to know that if they go with the premium templates, they made need additional software. Thanks guys!!
                    Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                    X