• Show
Clear All
  • Mouke
    Corporal

• Feb 2007

Search Engine Registering

Hello again,

My next question..

1] Is it worth registering with search engines like google etc before the website is up and running? Also before I have to pay for the site to be hosted. I dont particularly want to pay if Ive got another 2 months building before it goes live. Currently if you type the address in you get an advert for the company I bought it from. So is it worth registering?

2] I read somewhere about also registering with an open source database that all search engines use....does anyone know this address

Thanks in advance
    Mouke

Client ID # 15880
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Search Engine Registering

If the site isn't live, there's nothing for the se's to see, therefore absolutely nothing to give them.

If you use VH, you will be able to register with them on the one website for your domain to be sent to all the se's.

Most of the services you'll find for it aren't worth it though - mainly because you can send your site to all the se's, but they aren't going to show your site unless it's professional and more worthy than the others already in their index. So, first and foremost, make the site be what is needed for the people who will be using it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X