• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fleabag32000
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Blue Voda Question

Hi Everyone,

I currently have hosting with Stores Online and am looking to change to different hosting and build more sites. My first question is, can more then one person work in the Blue Voda software on a website at the same time, on different computers? My husband and I work on these together on separate computers and it works with the Stores Online Store builder and I wanted to know if it will work with Blue Voda that way? Also, does it matter what ISP or type of internet service you have as far as how the Blue Voda works? Is it compatible with all internet services? Does it require an SMTP for anything? I hope I don't sound too silly here!! LOL

Thanks for any help you can give!!

Ronda :o)
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Blue Voda Question

Hi, yes more than one person can work on BV at one time. But BV is a PC based software so you would have to update each others files if one need to change something the other one has done. But also, VH has this! A FREE program http://www.vodahost.com/soholaunch.htm which is an online builder that as many people as you want can work on .

BV works with all isp’s But only with VH as a host.

You can have as many email accounts as you wish that can all be accessed via your PC through outlook & many other programs.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

My first question is, can more then one person work in the Blue Voda software on a website at the same time, on different computers?

yes, but if you work simoultaneously, you need to work in different folders, as there might be images and menubar conflicts, in case you both work within the same folder.

Also, does it matter what ISP or type of internet service you have as far as how the Blue Voda works?

No it doesn't matter

Is it compatible with all internet services?

yes, if by Internet services you mean ISPs

Does it require an SMTP for anything?

VodaHost mailservers require SMTP authentication. This is easily set in your Outlook Express by simpy ticking a check box. If you use the online Webmail service that VH provides with your account, you do not need to know anything about SMTP.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• fleabag32000
        Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thanks so much for your quick response. So to get this clear, we would have to download the soholaunch for both of us to be able to work on it at the same time?

We have MSN for an ISP and they have an HTTP server and not a pop3 server. Does VodaHost provide email and an SMTP server for us to use??

Thanks again!!

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Blue Voda is a offline builder. You download it and install it on your computer. When the pages are ready you publish them.
          Soholaunch is a Online builder. You just install it on your site, using the automated installation procedure offered through your Control Panel. Then you simply login and work.

VH provides unlimited email accounts with your account.

Please note that if you want to build an online store, through your CP you can also install other complete Shopping carts, like OSCommerce. Absolutely free with your account.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• fleabag32000
            Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Thank you NavelDesign for the information. We have a merchant account through ECI. Do you know if that will work with the VodaHosting, or will we need to get a new merchant account? If we have to get another one, do you have any suggestions of one that is reasonably priced?

And back to the email question, do you know if VodaHost has an SMTP server that they will let you use, or are you required to use one through your ISP?

Thanks again!!

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Ronda

Nope it wont work, but if you follow my links I can get you fixed up. ECI works with very little and soho isnt one of them.

As to the mail, how you set up the OUTGOING mail is affected by your isp and may require you to authenticate thru their server before connecting to yours, if you are using outlook or something for instance. You can login to your voda account and send mail all day long.

What specifically are your concerns with the mail? The smtp is just simple mail transfer protocol, theres NO big secret to using it, just your name and password.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• fleabag32000
                Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Karen,

I talked to you a bit on the Stores Online forum. We have become very frustrated with a lot of the things going on with Stores Online and PMI, and I think we are finally ready to take the step away from them. Mainly because of the high monthly rate on each site during the waiting period for the search engines to find you.

What do you mean follow your links? Just click on one of your sites? Can you give me an idea of what the monthly fees are for the merchant account that you have? We will have to continue paying the monthly fee for ECI since we will still have 2 Stores Online sites running for now. Do you know if it is possible to use a different merchant account with the Stores Online sites? Maybe we could drop them completely. We have to pay 30.00 a month plus .30 per transaction, which means .60 per sale.

The reason that I am concerned with the SMTP server is because of the conversation that I had on the other forum where I was talking about BlueVoda and the linking program, I can't remember the name right off hand, but I was told that you had to have an SMTP for it to work. With my DSL connection I have NO access to an SMTP server. MSN uses HTTP and that is the only email server that I have access to. I just wasn't sure if that would cause any problems at all for me as far as FTP programs for the BlueVoda or Soholaunch software, or using the email through VodaHost. Sorry for the silly questions, unfortunately I am very much a beginner with this and I don't understand a lot of things yet. Thanks so much for all of your help!! I really want this to work and to get away from Stores Online.

Comment

Working...
                X