• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fleabag32000
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Cart Manager and BlueVoda Questions

Hi,

1. I have looked all over this forum and I cannot find where it says how many websites you can use with cart manager. If you buy a subscription, does the one fee listed cover as many websites as you want to create, or do you have to pay a separate fee for each site?

2. If we decide to build our site through BV, how can my husband and I work on the same site at the same time on separate computers? We do not want to go the soholaunch route since you can only build one site with it. I just don't understand how we can download a copy of BV on each computer, work on it at the same time, and then get all of the info together to publish the site.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me!!

Thanks very much!!

Ronda :o)
  • fleabag32000
    Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Re: Cart Manager and BlueVoda Questions

I did post the second question once before, but I did not understand the answer and what would need to be done so that we can keep the information on each computer uptodate.

Thanks again!!

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Ronda,
      1. You can have more than one store using CM - but to do so, you need to have the CM page that will have a header and explanation for the different stores - so people understand where they are checking out. There are various ways to do that. One person on this forum who is currently doing that with 2 stores you can see here: www.mycoffeegourmet.com - if you go there and go to the shopping cart, you'll see what I mean.

2. This is a tad trickier. Yes, you can do it - but you have to be very, very careful. And you have to have the picture path identical on both computers. Remember, when you do something on one computer, it won't be on the other one - and vice versa - if you use the BV program. But you can copy from one to the other to have the changes. It can be done, but I really suggest you have the "final" product on one computer - you can email pages back and forth, etc - and you can make the image path the same - so both can work - but both working at the same time it would be difficult to coordinate the changes. Now, after the pages are published, you can make changes from the control panel - but then the changes would not be on the Blue Voda pages.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• fleabag32000
        Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Beth,

Thanks so much for the answers. You will see that I sent you an email earlier today, so you can disregard it. This is all so confusing to me. I knew that changing from SOL to VodaHost would be hard, but I had no idea that what SOL put in a bundle, is all separated through VodaHost. It will be a lot harder to do. But hopefully saving the monthly costs will make it worth it.

If you have any other suggestions to make this transition any easier would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my silly questions!!

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Ronda,
          It's not harder, just different. If you want to use some of the free software to build your store - like OSCommerce or ZenCart - where you build online - you and your husband will both be able to work on it. Blue Voda has the advantage of being able to be worked on without going online - and, for me, that's a big advantage.

But VH is your hosting company- you can build your store in many different ways - so, if both of you working on it is a necessity - you might want to look at other options. They all have plusses and minusses.

I don't suggest you make the move simply for saving monthly costs - but the real reason to move - is because you'll have stores that will be better liked by customers and search engines - and therefore more likely to make you money.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• fleabag32000
            Sergeant

• Jun 2007

Hi Beth,

Ok, let me get this straight. if we go with like OSCommerce or ZenCart, we will not be using BV?? So will we be able to build more then one store at the same time? Or is it like soholaunch where you only get one?

Building a store through VH is a lot better then the SOL stores? Why is that? LOL I know, I must appear really dense, but there is so much of this I just don't understand. I basically just added product when I was at home from my very full time job, but I am now staying home so I will be doing a lot more of this. It is so confusing trying to understand all parts of this!!

I certainly want to make more money. So far we have only made one sale on our SOL site, and it was from a friend. The SE have found us, but we are just not getting any traffic!!

Thanks again for your time and patience, I really appreciate it!!

Comment

• Karen Mac
              General

• Apr 2006

Soho launch, you only get one because 1.) its licensed software, 2.) you can only have one dedicated ip per account.

You can install zen cart and oscommerce unlimited times as its FREE software, but fantastico will only install it once. You can install them all you want, and unless you purchase a wild card ssl to cover more than one domain or use paypal as a payment method. You could probably BUY more soholaunch licenses and install them and use paypal, but you wont get voda support with them, and by the time you buy them, might as well get another hosting account. These are all catalog driven carts, like what you are used to at SOL sort of, but they dont operate the same or use the same kind of database, so you will have to learn them all, or learn what you choose to use.

You can install soho on one domain, and then make as many additional addon domains for other sites as you want and use Mals Ecart or Cart Manager or paypal with bv or front page or dreamweaver or whatever else you chose to build with.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X